PDA

View Full Version : Soma bra Q for those with smaller chest sizes

ang79
03-27-2016, 10:00 PM
So I bought an Enhancing Shape Push Up bra in store at Soma (was returning another one I bought online that I didn't like), that I thought worked well for me. After getting it home and trying it on underneath more of my tops, I'm not as impressed with it. I have been wearing 32C or 34B in other brands, based on a fitting a few years ago at Victoria's Secret (after nursing both my daughters and experiencing some shrinking). The 32C's I ordered from Soma were way too tight around my ribs. At the store a lady measured me as a 34B. This one feels better around my ribcage, but I still feel like there is some gapping at the top. The bras I have in other brands have some extra padding at the bottom of the cup to lift me up a bit to help fill in that gap, but even with the padding in this pushup bra, there is still some gapping and it shows underneath tighter fitting tees and tanks. So an OK but not great fit and at $52, I want an awesome fit. I am planning on taking it back and trying some others to see if I can find something I like better to exchange for. Any recs of what I might like? I tried on the Embraceable Push Up in the store and liked how it felt but did not like the lace on the straps, seemed like it would show too much under my tighter fitting shirts and definately showed under tank top straps. I also tried the Embraceable Demi and it gapped too much at the top. I just want a comfy bra that doesn't gap and doesn't show underneath my tees and tanks!

specialp
03-27-2016, 10:36 PM
My favorite bra is Natori feathers. This one (http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/natori-feathers-underwire-contour-bra/3122001?origin=category-personalizedsort&contextualcategoryid=0&fashionColor=Black&resultback=485). You normally need to go up a cup so if you are measuring a 34B, you will likely be a 34C in this one. You can often it get it on sale on Amazon. It isn't heavily padded and lightly lined, but even if you do not try this bra or want padding, try this shape/style if you are dealing with gaping at the top. I think learning the style that works with your breast shape is as important as knowing your correct cup/band size. Demi-styles are the worst for me. I need this deep plunge, triangle style myself.

jgenie
03-28-2016, 08:44 AM
I really like the Natori Hidden Glamour bras. I find them on sale at the Rack.

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/natori-hidden-glamour-contour-underwire-bra/3225911?origin=category-personalizedsort&contextualcategoryid=0&fashionColor=Celadon+Blue&resultback=1940

nfceagles
03-28-2016, 09:24 AM
I don't have the exact bras that PPs posted, but they are very similar to the Natori bras that I have and like. I'm a 34C in Natori and also find gaping can be a problem when trying out new brands and styles of bras.

pastrygirl
03-28-2016, 10:31 AM
I often get the gap at the top/armpit area, but LOVE the Bali "U" bras. They are all I've been able to wear for years. Every time I try something else, I end up hating it.

zukeypur
03-28-2016, 11:06 AM
The Natori Feathers didn't work for me, but I have another Natori similar to the one PP posted that I LOVE. I am a very hard fit. I have two different sized girls, and they are very thin from extended breast feeding. I do have a Soma bra that is adequate, but nothing like the Natori.

AnnieW625
03-28-2016, 11:45 AM
The Natori feathers bra didn't work for me either. I am a 36B, 38B or 36C depending on the bra brand. I am usually a 36c in Natori and Chantelle. I had a few Soma Embraceable t shirt bras in a 38b and I loved them until I lost a little weight and then there was too much gap at the top. I think they are better if you are a full b, the same thing happened with my Natori Perfect Fit bras. I am still a small b, and am still amazed I wear a C in most Chantelle bras:boogie:, but really most c cup bras have too much gap on the top, but some bras that are a b size run small and don't have enough coverage mostly on the side. My favorite bra is one from Wacoal that is a nice tshirt bra with a little push up that has been discontinued for a few years. I ended up buying a Chantelle Rive Gauche t shirt push up bra (http://m.bloomingdales.com/shop/product/chantelle-t-shirt-bra-rive-gauche-3086?ID=1658341) from Nordstrom Rack (I am pretty sure this is the one and I was able to wear a 36b) a few months ago and I love it as well. I am going to try the Natori Luxe bra that Zukeyper recommended to me in my bra post as well when my Wacoal push up bra finally gives up the ghost.

If I don't wear a t-shirt bra my favorite is Wacoal's Embrace Lace bra (http://m.wacoal-america.com/embrace-lace-underwire-bra-wacoal-65191-p.html) followed by Wacoal Halo (http://m.wacoal-america.com/halo-lace-full-figure-underwire-bra-wacoal-65547-p.html). I am a 38b in the Wacoal bras. The halo bra I can wear with a t shirt and it still conceals my nipples quite well. I have had mine for 6 yrs., and even though it looks like it wouldn't give good support it still holds my breasts up well.

citymama
03-28-2016, 01:37 PM
I like the IBTC bra sold by Title Nine! It's a tshirt bra, not a push up. Very comfy and well designed for smaller cups.

SnuggleBuggles
03-28-2016, 01:47 PM
You need to look at cup coverage. I recently discovered how much it matters where the cup hits. I know what cut now works best. Demi, full... experiment- maybe the gapping is a product of the cup style more than size.

AnnieW625
03-28-2016, 02:29 PM
You need to look at cup coverage. I recently discovered how much it matters where the cup hits. I know what cut now works best. Demi, full... experiment- maybe the gapping is a product of the cup style more than size.
Yes this is totally true. A Demi cup fits me so much better than a full cup.

Post kids I need a little lift, but pre kids I lived in a non underwire bra like the IBTC one, but mine was from Playtex. Unless I am working out or lounging around on a weekend I need an underwire for support and thankfully I have found some comfy ones.