PDA

View Full Version : What show should DDs watch next?

mm123
03-28-2016, 05:36 PM
DD1 and DD2 (just turned 6, and almost 8) just finished watching Full House and Fuller House. To say they loved it would be an understatement! They were seriously addicted.

Their favourite movies lately are Beezus and Ramona and the Parent Trap.

What show should they watch next? They're sort of over animated shows, but are still pretty innocent, and obviously not quite ready for real teenager type shows.

I remember around their age, I loved shows like Mork and Mindy, Happy Days, Little House on the Prairie, Different Strokes, Family Ties, etc. I don't really know what's out there nowadays.

We have Netflix, but not anything else.

Suggestions?

SnuggleBuggles
03-28-2016, 05:51 PM
If you have Prime, watch Just Add Magic. Otherwise, Sabrina the Teenage Witch is great, if Netflix has it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ang79
03-28-2016, 09:35 PM
The only show my girls watch (ages 9 and 7) is Little House on the Prairie. DH found a website that he streams it from. We don't watch much TV in general, and only get the super basic cable, so no fun kid channels, so most stuff we stream now.

I remember when I was in 6th grade my younger brother and I loved watching TBS with all the old shows (again, our family did not get many channels so our TV experience was very limited!) He is 4 years younger than me and his favorite was Leave it To Beaver and the Andy Griffith Show, while I especially liked the Brady Bunch and BeWitched. We were also big fans of TGIF (Full House, Family Matters, Boy Meets World, etc.) Now I want to see if I can find some of these to watch with my kids :)

Pennylane
03-28-2016, 10:04 PM
My dd loved Just Add Magic on Amazon prime! She watched the entire series over 2 days when she was sick.

Just curious , what did you think of Fuller house? My neighbor (who is 13) said her mom didn't think it was appropriate ??

Ann

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains mobile app

PZMommy
03-28-2016, 10:41 PM
My dd loved Just Add Magic on Amazon prime! She watched the entire series over 2 days when she was sick.

Just curious , what did you think of Fuller house? My neighbor (who is 13) said her mom didn't think it was appropriate ??

Ann

My 4 and 6 year olds watched part of Fuller House with me. I had no problem with them watching it. A few jokes were more for adults, but it went right over my kids heads. If you go back and watch the originals, they had similar jokes in them too, but as a kid, I didn't pick up on them. I loved the series, and my kids enjoyed what they watched. I didn't feel it was any worse than the shows they watch on Nick or Disney.

Tenasparkl
03-29-2016, 02:21 AM
If you have Prime, watch Just Add Magic.

Our friend that recommended this also recommended Gortimer Gibbon's Life on Normal Street (also on Amazon). We have both on our list to try.

DD (7.5) has been really into Pee-Wee's Playhouse lately. It's just as silly as I remembered.

kdeunc
03-29-2016, 10:21 AM
DS2 (11) loved Family Ties and Different Strokes (and Full House/Fuller House). I will add that we do not let our 7 year old watch Different Strokes unattended because they touch on some "mature themes" in some of the shows, drugs, attempted sexual violence, etc. Fine discussion points for an older kid but you may not want to go there yet with younger kids.

mm123
03-29-2016, 11:59 AM

Ann

I was fine with them watching Fuller House. Honestly, the more 'mature' jokes go right over their heads- they're still pretty innocent that way, and don't even ask questions. Same when they're watching movies like Grease, Mamma Mia, etc. They love the music and dancing, but don't really get the more mature themes.