PDA

View Full Version : Santa Fe without kids

kristenk
03-29-2016, 11:25 AM
DH and I are planning a trip to Santa Fe (and vicinity) for our anniversary. We'll be there mid-September. The current plan is to fly in/out of Albuquerque and to spend 3 nights in Santa Fe and the night before we depart in Albuquerque. We'll have a rental car.

I'd love some recommendations for places to stay and things to do! We went there with DD a few years ago, but were focused mainly on kid-friendly things.

zukeypur
03-29-2016, 06:47 PM
DH and I stayed at the Inn on the Paseo bed and breakfast. We loved it! It's within walking distance of the square and plenty of great restaurants.
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60958-d79752-Reviews-Inn_on_the_Paseo-Santa_Fe_New_Mexico.html

The Loretto chapel is nice, and the market at the museum is a great place to find jewelry. The O'Keeffe museum is nice as well. We didn't do anything outside of the immediate square area, but there are plenty of places to visit in and around Santa Fe.

Mommy_Mea
03-29-2016, 08:42 PM
We have mostly done Santa Fe with kids, so I don't have a ton of suggestions, but we did have a great night out on Canyon Road for our anniversary one year. Lots of amazing places to pick for dinner, and fun bars with music for afterwards. During the day I have heard it has great art galleries :)

For good New Mexico food (and sopapillas), nothing beats Tomasita's for me!