PDA

View Full Version : ISO Eyeglass strap for sports glasses UPDATE #8

liz
03-30-2016, 06:44 AM
Anyone have kids who wear glasses and play sports? We just bought DS some sport glasses and the pair we bought didn't come with a strap. Can anyone recommend any particular brand or store to buy them?

belovedgandp
03-30-2016, 09:46 AM
We had the best luck at sporting good stores - Academy had a decent selection. This was when we were putting a strap on his regular glasses.

The sport specs we ended up buying my son had the strap hooks built in. The strap can be detached but it was definitely part of the glasses. I'm surprised the glasses didn't come with one.

liz
03-30-2016, 10:17 AM
I know, I can't believe they didn't come with a strap either. The sales girl was apologetic, and said they didn't carry any in store either. She said to check on amazon, but many of the straps had so-so reviews. We don't have an Academy but have a Dicks Sporting Goods store. I'll check them out, fingers crossed they have them!

jren
03-30-2016, 11:11 AM
That is odd they didn't come with the strap. For soccer, the refs don't let them wear glasses without a strap. Do the glasses come with holes at the end for hook on straps?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

belovedgandp
03-30-2016, 03:56 PM
I think we struck out at Dick's but that could be something else I'm confusing in my head. I was surprised to find them more in fishing/outdoor area instead of ball sports.

ett
03-30-2016, 04:24 PM
DS1 has a Croakies brand strap. https://croakies.com/

It's not for sport glasses though, just his regular glasses. I've purchased them from the company's website, REI, and Amazon.

ray7694
03-30-2016, 09:32 PM
We get prescription sports goggles at Walmart

liz
03-31-2016, 08:42 AM
Update. I am glad I posted. When you all questioned why I didn't get a strap with the glasses, it prompted me to look into it more. I went online and the glasses we bought are supposed to come with a strap! I called the eye doctor's office and after being put on hold, told me to come back and they would help me. When we got there, they had 3 different straps they were willing to give me. I am pretty sure they took them from existing pairs they had in the store. We went home with the included strap, plus an extra that was even better quality. I think they felt badly about sending me out the door without a strap originally. Thanks for the extra nudge, it all worked out :)

georgiegirl
03-31-2016, 10:13 AM
Great update. My sons sports goggles came with a strap.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jren
03-31-2016, 10:22 AM
Awesome update!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

american_mama
03-31-2016, 07:44 PM
If this is helpful, we bought a floatable, adjustable strap for sunglasses and regular glasse at The Dollar Tree last July. DD1 needed "Croakies" for a camp involving sailing, and I had no idea what they were. She wears eyeglasses whenever she is awake, so needed something to prevent them from falling off if she capsized and to float if they came off anyway. I also found the actual Croakies line at an independent optometry store, but DD1 preferred the Dollar Tree ones and I preferred the price!