PDA

View Full Version : Hula hoops for 6 year old girl party favors?

Pinky
03-30-2016, 08:50 PM
What would you think if your 6 yo was given a hoola hoop for a party favor? I'm trying you think of something that isn't a bag of junk or candy. A dozen hoola hoops might be difficult for me to transport but I think the kids would love them... just not sure about parents. :)

Twin Mom
03-30-2016, 09:00 PM
I think that's a great favor! I just asked my DC and they agree if they were 6 they would like it. :)

HonoluluMom
03-30-2016, 09:02 PM
My DD would love a hula hoop! I think they're pretty popular for that age group.

elbert
03-30-2016, 09:10 PM
Great idea. I wanted to do it for one of DD's parties, but it became cost prohibitive given the season/limited availability and number of kids we had at the party that year (33). Go for it!

Pinky
03-30-2016, 09:23 PM
Thanks everybody! Our local dollar stores have them for a great price so I think we'll go this route! My daughter loves hoola hoops and I know I would much prefer one of those to another bag of candy! :)

IansMom
03-30-2016, 09:49 PM
I think they are a great favor as long as they aren't the ones that crush and become unusable easily. DS attended a party at a gym and the favors were hula hoops and jump ropes.

HannaAddict
03-30-2016, 10:27 PM
She would love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tenasparkl
03-30-2016, 10:46 PM
Great idea

babyonway
03-31-2016, 12:18 AM
My DD would LOVE that

citymama
03-31-2016, 12:55 AM
Great idea! Let me know where you find a deal - I have a 6 yr old's party coming up in a month!

Snow mom
03-31-2016, 11:05 AM
I think they are a great favor as long as they aren't the ones that crush and become unusable easily. DS attended a party at a gym and the favors were hula hoops and jump ropes.

I agree. My DDwould absolutely love it. But I'd be less than pleased if it was broken in a week or non-functional in the first place because that would almost certainly have me on the hook to replace it with something better.

div_0305
03-31-2016, 11:41 AM
Great idea! Let me know where you find a deal - I have a 6 yr old's party coming up in a month!

Not the OP, but if you have a $5 Below store near you, they have hula hoops out every spring, and I think the cost is $2. They are more durable and useful than the dollar store's craptastic hoops.

corrie23
04-06-2016, 10:33 PM
Just wanted to say that I ran out to the closest $5 Below store today because my son's 6th b-day party is this weekend and I loved the idea here. The hula hoops at my store were $5 each, which was more than I wanted to spend ($8 at Walmart, haven't checked a dollar store). Now I'm at a loss. Already have bubbles, lollipops, and some stickers for the goody bags but I wanted something else fun too. Tried to buy some fun water/colorful bead filled bouncy balls at $5 below but on the first bounce the ball sprung a leak and squirted water everywhere so those are going back. Any ideas or did the OP end up finding inexpensive hula hoops anywhere?

citymama
04-06-2016, 11:48 PM
Just wanted to say that I ran out to the closest $5 Below store today because my son's 6th b-day party is this weekend and I loved the idea here. The hula hoops at my store were $5 each, which was more than I wanted to spend ($8 at Walmart, haven't checked a dollar store). Now I'm at a loss. Already have bubbles, lollipops, and some stickers for the goody bags but I wanted something else fun too. Tried to buy some fun water/colorful bead filled bouncy balls at $5 below but on the first bounce the ball sprung a leak and squirted water everywhere so those are going back. Any ideas or did the OP end up finding inexpensive hula hoops anywhere?
Not the OP and I've not seen cheap hula hoops - but check the Target dollar bin for small packs of Crayola sidewalk chalk. Chalk, bubbles and a small seed/plant kit from the $ bin are some of our favorite favors!

Kindra178
04-07-2016, 09:43 AM
I love the idea!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boolady
04-07-2016, 11:17 AM
Hula hoops were $2.99 at my local Joann's on Monday.

babyonway
04-07-2016, 02:11 PM

Dollar store sells jump ropes which may work.

acmom
04-07-2016, 02:29 PM
We did those as one of the favors choices for my DS's sports bday when he turned 4. It was a range of ages (2-7ish) and a mix of boys and girls so I had a bunch of hula hoops along with various balls for the kids to pick from. The girls my DD's age (6-7) all picked the hula hoops and seemed excited about them. We got them at the dollar tree.