PDA

View Full Version : I need a bra consult

#2ontheway
04-22-2016, 06:26 PM
Sorry if this is a bit duplicative of the other bra thread. I'm due for new bras and live too far from anywhere I could get fitted. So a few weeks back I ordered the Natori 'Sublime' Convertible Underwire Bra. I'm on the small size, have had a-cups, but this bra only came in B and up. I measured myself and if I did it right, I'm a solid 33 around. So I ordered a 32B and a 34B. The 32B was too tight but the 34B was great. So comfy!

That said, I noticed that almost immediately I put it on the tightest hooks, and I understand that ideally when you buy bras they should be on the loosest hooks so that you can tighten it as the bra stretches, right?

So, with this in mind, I decided to order another one and this time I ordered a 34B and a 32C. I'm really surprised that the 32C seems to fit. It might be a bit snug but I wouldn't say the cups are too big. Now I'm not sure which one to keep. Bras are expensive so I'd hate to discover down the road that I didn't make the right call. But I almost feel like what I need to do is keep the 32C and give both sizes a few months to see how long term they feel? Anyone ever had this waffling between sizes with a particular bra? Is it like jeans, where you should probably err on the side of too snug?

gymnbomb
04-22-2016, 06:49 PM
I have read and heard in a lot of places to buy the band snug because it will stretch. I keep my bras 5+ years, usually buy ones I start out wearing on the tightest setting, and have never once thought a bra stretched out too much to fit the way I wanted it too. I am an a-b cup and like my bra to be very comfortable, not tight feeling. I have also heard that a huge number of people buy bras with too big of a band and too small of a cup, so that does agree with your 32c fitting when you thought it probably wouldn't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smillow
04-22-2016, 06:53 PM
Bras have "sister-sizing" where a 32c may be equivalent to a 34b (or something like that).

twowhat?
04-22-2016, 06:55 PM
Buy the band on the snug side, it will stretch with wear. Get thee to breakoutbras.com, they have helped me SO MUCH with sizing. I thought I was a 32B/C before I followed their measuring instructions (which are online, with very helpful pictures) and I'm actually a 28DD (confirmed at a Nordstrom too). Once I got bras in the right size, it made a HUGE difference. Now I have other boob challenges (those floppy empty shallow post-breast-feeding twins boobs) and am still a 28DD and again, they've helped me SO MUCH to find bras that work for my boobs. They are so helpful on the phone and via email too. I totally credit them for solving my challenging-boobs-challenging-size situation. For many of their bras, they describe which boob types would do well in which bras. Incredibly helpful.

Sister sizing didn't work for me. For example if I got a 30D, the cups were placed too far apart and my boobs would scoot out of the center:/

And I've officially hit the maximum number of times you can type "boobs" in one post.

#2ontheway
04-22-2016, 11:34 PM
And I've officially hit the maximum number of times you can type "boobs" in one post.

Bahahahahaha....

Interesting, all! Thanks! Sheesh, why must this be so complicated!

niccig
04-23-2016, 01:21 AM
Go with the 32C. I was told same cup size as 34b but narrower band, I wear this size. It can be difficult to find sometimes.

essnce629
04-23-2016, 07:55 AM
Definitely the 32C. I wear the same size and yes, you want the band on the loosest setting when you buy it, not the tightest. The cups of a 32C and a 34B will be the same, but the band sizes will be different.