PDA

View Full Version : Weird one - should I exchange?

Twoboos
05-02-2016, 09:38 PM
I got this dress in navy tile from Boden (I'm obsessed with the print for some reason, also got a hotchpotch top and keep going back to the skirt but I'm controlling myself LOL):
http://www.bodenusa.com/en-us/womens-dresses/day-dresses/ww052-dbl/womens-navy-dotty-tile-curved-waist-seam-dress

When I opened the plastic I was hit with an intense smell, like dry cleaning or fabric sizing. Never had that happen before, I'm guessing it's a return? It's kind of aired out. But should I send it back for the same size again and hopefully get a non-stinky one?

I guess it's "no quibble returns" so yes?

The weather here sucks right now so I'm not missing out on wearing time, LOL.

hillview
05-02-2016, 10:08 PM
Yes I'd exchange, that would make me crazy as I am very sensitive to smells. I can't see anything on the dress that would cause a smell (like an application or a screen of something hand painted etc). Is it the plastic bag itself (that it came in) or the box it was shipped in? So strange. Yes exchange!

elbenn
05-02-2016, 10:37 PM
Boden has great customer service so exchange if you want, but I've definitely had certain items that have strong smells. I think it's sometimes just the factory where they were manufactured.

citymama
05-02-2016, 11:35 PM
Sad to say that has happened to me a few times. The first time it was something I really wanted that sold out at preview - I had ordered on preview so not a return. I washed it and voila, no smell. Kept it. It's happened a few more times, almost always with women's Boden. I think it's their packaging and/or some kind of treatment for certain fabrics. Try laundering before you return unless they have several in stock. Certainly eligible for an exchange but you may have the same problem again. I once got an obvious return with horrible perfume smell that I returned instantly without trying or washing. Yuck!

petesgirl
05-03-2016, 01:00 AM
I don't know, but it is super cute!

MMMommy
05-03-2016, 01:49 AM
If it is readily available and in stock, yes, I would request they send a replacement for what appears to be a used/returned item. I assume they will provide you with a prepaid label to send the item back as well.

mom2binsd
05-05-2016, 10:10 AM
I like that pattern, the dress in solid colors isn't nearly as cute, and the model/photo wearing the fabric you chose is so much appealing than the pics of the other colors. I often find Boden stuff a little matronly, but that one is really cute! I've never ordered from them but might try, but I'm not sure on size?

I'm 4'11", in Althleta and Title 9 dresses I wear a small, about 115/120 pounds, which for my height makes me sound huge, but I'm not. Wear a size 0/2 in jeans from American Eagle, size small tops from most places. Ideas on sizing?

Twoboos
05-05-2016, 10:52 AM
I like that pattern, the dress in solid colors isn't nearly as cute, and the model/photo wearing the fabric you chose is so much appealing than the pics of the other colors. I often find Boden stuff a little matronly, but that one is really cute! I've never ordered from them but might try, but I'm not sure on size?

I'm 4'11", in Althleta and Title 9 dresses I wear a small, about 115/120 pounds, which for my height makes me sound huge, but I'm not. Wear a size 0/2 in jeans from American Eagle, size small tops from most places. Ideas on sizing?

I'd probably go with a 2 petite, I got a 2 regular and it is knee length on me (5'5", 125lbs). Honestly I don't know if the P will fit, I am considering sizing down to the petite! Some people warned of it being baggy around the waist in the reviews, which it is. I had initially bought in a 4 which was huge, so I thought the bagginess was part of that.

If the dress doesn't work out I'm going for the skirt instead. ;) http://www.bodenusa.com/en-us/womens-skirts/wg643-dbl/womens-navy-print-printed-cotton-a-line

Boden stuff can run weird. It can take a lot of trial and error.

Hope it works out for you! :)

mom2binsd
05-05-2016, 11:21 AM
Thanks, their size guide actually said I should order a 6 petite, I plugged in athleta dress size small, it also said based on my past orders which was weird as I have never ordered from them.