PDA

View Full Version : Trip Length - WDW + Universal in June

kristenk
06-07-2016, 02:26 PM
We *might* be going back to Disney next year. We have only gone during un-busy times before. I'm guessing that we'd go as early in June as we could go. DD gets out of school on June 1st next year. It will be busier than we've ever seen in (we've gone in late January and late April before when crowd levels were between 1 and 4 each day) but the least busy we'll be able to do for the foreseeable future.

We're not early morning people. There's no way we're getting there at rope drop. We're not morning people and the hour time change makes it even more impossible for us to be early risers! All that to say, we're sort of leisurely WDW-tourers and we're ok with that. (I'd rather add an extra day(s) than try to cram as many things as possible into each day.)

I'd like to see about going to Universal, too, and seeing the Harry Potter stuff. I'm not sure how much time to allow for WDW and for Universal and how to split the time. I know we'll stay on WDW property. I'm not sure where we'd stay when visiting Universal.

If you've done a combo trip, how much time did you spend in each place? Or if you're really good with planning, what would you recommend?!

SnuggleBuggles
06-07-2016, 02:41 PM
I can just comment on Universal but I think you need 2 days, 3 is better. If you stay on site at most of their hotels, you get unlimited express passes included, which is pretty sweet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

123LuckyMom
06-07-2016, 02:42 PM
We do six days at Disney, but we are rope drop to nighttime people. We don't like to stand in lines! We do two days at MK, a day and a half at EP plus hopping, and day each at DHS and AK. AK has been an early ending, so that allows for hopping, too. I think it's a great length of time. We get to do everything and repeat some favorites, but we're not over saturated or ready to leave. We never get to do all of EPCOT!

Still, 5 days allows two days at MK and a day each at the other parks. With a combined trip, I think you could limit to 5 days.

I haven't been to Universal since Harry Potter, so I can't speak to how many days that takes, but I'd assume at least two. I think I'd try, if possible, to plan a 10 day trip-- 2 days for travel, 2 days at Universal, 5 days at WDW. If you have more time, add on days, by all means!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains mobile app

georgiegirl
06-07-2016, 04:00 PM
We did 4.25 days at Disney and 2 days at universal. We had a 5 day Disney ticket (only like $5 more for everyone through Costco), so we went the evening we arrived. He were only in the park maybe 2.5 hours or so.

Honestly I'm not sure I would go during peak times if you can't there at rope drop. But that's just me.

ray7694
06-07-2016, 11:25 PM
We went the first week in June and it was super hot and busy. I wont do it again.

ahisma
06-07-2016, 11:50 PM
How much do you want to see at Disney? We did 5 days going full blast rope drop until closing and didn't see everything that we wanted (which was fine.)

SnuggleBuggles
06-08-2016, 05:00 AM
If you've been to Disney recently (and or repeatedly), maybe just do Universal. The kids are a great age for it.

WatchingThemGrow
06-08-2016, 06:05 AM
We are going in July (flying to FL to see family) and we are just plain not doing parks anymore when there's a crowd level of 9. Not being able to walk in a straight line or comfortably without holding onto every family member is miserable for us.

We're going to just enjoy the resorts and have some down time.

kristenk
06-09-2016, 04:05 PM
WatchingThemGrow - I am very interested in hearing more about your trip! What are your current plans? How many days are you spending there?

nfceagles
06-09-2016, 05:09 PM
Neither park makes it cheap or convenient to do both. They don't make transportation from one to the other easy and they don't make two sets of tickets cheap. It will be a lot cheaper to choose one or the other. Additional days at each park are a lot cheaper than buy tickets for both parks. I have done both Disney and Universal separately and I think that's the best way to go. That said, we are doing both this July because DS has a soccer tournament at Disney and we want to go to Universal after it's over. 3 days at Universal is awesome. I think Disney require a minimum of 5. If I were doing both I'd also want a couple down days in there. Staying at one of the onsite deluxe hotels at Uni is the only way to go. The Express Pass is awesome!