PDA

View Full Version : London and Paris

missliss55
06-19-2016, 11:58 PM
We are taking our older 2 girls to London and Paris next summer. It has been forever since I've been there and it was before kids. Any recommendations for hotels? Girls will be 14 and 12. Thx!

citymama
06-20-2016, 01:47 AM
I suggest an Air BnB or VRBO somewhere like the Marais in Paris. I haven't done VRBO in London because we have family and friends there when traveling w kids, but when I've been there for work the hotel rooms I've had are very small - in Paris too. An apartment will give you more space and flexibility.

Neatfreak
06-20-2016, 02:51 AM
In London, we've started booking with AirBnB instead of a hotel. Hotel rooms can be quite small and the occupany rules limits are quite strict, so we'd have to book two rooms our family of four. For our last trip, we stayed a few blocks aways from Waterloo, which was great for access. We're there briefly this summer, and we're staying in Kensington within walking distance of the V&A ...

cilantromapuche
06-22-2016, 01:14 PM
Ditto. We stayed at airbnb all over England and France it was much better than when we stayed in hotels prior. It was nice to have a neighborhood feel and the hosts left wonderful tips about enjoying the area. Plus it gave the kids more of a feel for European living than a hotel did.

hillview
06-22-2016, 01:27 PM
Vrbo for sure. We do it in London and in Paris and it's the best option. The marais is also our favorite area in Paris.

missliss55
06-22-2016, 09:36 PM
Thanks so much for the responses. Do you have suggestions for areas to stay in London? I've just started Rick Steeves book but would appreciate some moms feedback. Thanks again!

hoosiermama
06-23-2016, 05:23 PM
My family (me, husband, 7-year old) stayed here in Paris last year: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/3279510...it's right in the Marais!
We also stayed at the Marriott County Hall in London. There may be other places to stay in that area, but the location was great - right between two tube stations, right next to the London Eye.

citymama
06-23-2016, 05:57 PM
Thanks so much for the responses. Do you have suggestions for areas to stay in London? I've just started Rick Steeves book but would appreciate some moms feedback. Thanks again!

The vicinity of Hyde Park is always nice. You could look at Notting Hill, Marylebone or just try Hyde Park as a search term.

hillview
06-24-2016, 06:25 PM
We stayed near vauxhall last time. It was a good enough location and we got a great deal. It was a large apartment complex.

lhafer
06-25-2016, 11:31 AM
Check out ciao bambino for an apartment in Paris. We used them and and stayed in an apartment for a week that was walking distance from the Eiffel Tower, and it was awesome!

http://ciaobambino.com/