PDA

View Full Version : Orlando/Tampa waterparks..which one should we visit?

WatchingThemGrow
06-21-2016, 02:28 PM
Or should we visit 2?

DC are 10, 8, 7...and pretty strong swimmers b/c of swim team. We are flying Frontier to Orlando and visiting family near Tampa. We'll spend 1 night at Disney's Yacht Club resort with club level access, laying low and enjoying Stormalong Bay at YC/Beach Club. The second night, we'll EITHER stay at Port Orleans Riverside b/c it's cheap and we can still visit the Boardwalk Inn, swim at both PO pools, or do a campfire sing-a-long or whatever on Disney Property.

We may go on to my mom's house after the YC night, but we want to do at least one water park b/c our DC love them. Typhoon Lagoon seems like it may be better for our DCs' ages (?), but we can also do Aquatica or Adventure Island (Tampa). I'm not sure if we should also consider Wet N Wild, as it may be closing/changing next year?

Anyway, Adventure Island would be a daytrip from mom's house, and we could get 3 park tickets to make it $36/person and have leftover passes for Busch Gardens for our next visit. Any tips/preferences from those who have visited the water parks in the area?

SnuggleBuggles
06-21-2016, 02:42 PM
People still say Wet n Wild is super fun- it has the most thrill rides of them.
Eta- we liked Typhoon Lagoon. However, be careful at the wave pool. The ground will scrape you up!! Both dh and ds1 got nailed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

candaceb
06-21-2016, 06:09 PM
Of the ones you listed, I have only been to Typhoon Lagoon, but I wouldn't go anywhere else. I love it there. The atmosphere really makes it feel like you are on a tropical island, especially as it has "aged" and the vegetation has grown. I went there the first time shortly after it opened. I like Blizzard Beach too, but not as much.

bnme
06-21-2016, 07:10 PM
We really liked Aquatica. Loved the cashless wristband so you didn't have to worry about carrying money. Have also been to Blizzard beach and liked that as well. The theming is really fun. This year we are trying Typhoon Lagoon. From what I have read on Disboards, Blizzard Beach seems better for younger. The Tampa park sounds like a great deal, though. I would look into that.

boltfam
06-21-2016, 10:13 PM
I've only been to Typhoon Lagoon, but we loved it! Our kids are 8,6, and 3 and they all had a great time and asked to go back there. I agree with PP about the wave pool, though. Those waves are HUGE and will rough you up. I stood in very shallow water.

WatchingThemGrow
06-21-2016, 11:18 PM
Pricewise, Typhoon is $263, Wet N Wild is $278, and a 3-day ticket to go to Aquatica, then Sea World and Busch Gardens later would be $545. Hmmm.... Funny thing I read about the Disney/Sea World parks is that the guests have deeper pockets since they are tourists, not just locals at the water park, lol.