PDA

View Full Version : Short Disney Trip Report

hillview
06-27-2016, 04:14 PM
DSs and I went to Disney for a short holiday (5 days) and stayed at the Boardwalk last week. Some tips/comments
- Resort location was great for kids our ages (8 & 10)
- We did park hoppers which was a good idea
- We went to one park (often MK) at rope drop and then went back to resort and then went to another park in the evening (usually DHS or Epcot)
- It was hot but manageable with the above schedule
- We did 2 TS restaurants (Garden Grill at Epcot and The Plaza at MK) and then I gave up we did ESPN twice and the pizza place in Epcot and did QS all other meals which worked out great for us
- We had a great time and I was surprised how easy it was to take my kids solo (I was a little nervous)
- DS2 loved the pool activities and sports on the lawn
- The boardwalk inn was nice enough but next time will try to stay at the BC as it looked great
- 5 nights and 6 days was a good amount of time to stay
- The boys are not too old for MK but AK continues to be not so interesting
- Having another adult would have been nice as DS1 is now old enough to be more interested in the exhibits (Epcot and DHS) but DS2 is not so interested and tires more easily

ETA we ordered groceries from Garden Grocery and it was a great idea

gatorsmom
06-27-2016, 10:00 PM
Oh that sounds like fun! It sounds like a wonderful time. Did you fly down with the boys? Id be fine taking my kids by myself if it was driving distance! Flying alone with the kids would be really stressful for me.

bigsis
06-27-2016, 10:53 PM
Thanks for your trip report. We're going to WDW in 26 days. This is most likely a once in a lifetime thing for us. Reading your trip reports gets me all excited about our trip!!! :)

hillview
06-28-2016, 07:57 AM
Oh that sounds like fun! It sounds like a wonderful time. Did you fly down with the boys? Id be fine taking my kids by myself if it was driving distance! Flying alone with the kids would be really stressful for me.
Yes we flew. Super easy. Kids are good on planes and it's a 3 hr flight so pretty short.