PDA

View Full Version : SanFrancisco Hotels Near Golden Gate Bridge?

lalasmama
08-05-2016, 05:10 PM
I'm seriously clueless :) We're doing a road trip next summer from Portland to LA, with 4 people (2 teens and 2 adults). DD has asked to see the Golden Gate Bridge. We know it will be generally out of our way, but it's her only request.

Any recommendations of places to stay? Or places to stay away from? Not needing fancy, but also not needing super cheap. Really, it will probably be a relatively quick overnight stay, so we need a place to sleep, and maybe a pool for the girls to relax before we get on the road for the last 8+ hours of the trip.

pharmjenn
08-05-2016, 10:04 PM
I don't think many hotels in SF will have pools, and most won't be that inexpensive. For closest area to the Golden Gate, you want the Fishermans Wharf area. I would actually suggest looking in Marin (San Rafael area) If you are driving all the way from Portland in one day (about 10hrs), you can cut from 80 in Vallejo across to Marin on 37 (rather than the Richmond/San Rafael Bridge)
We like the Embassy Suites in San Rafael (Terra Linda specifically) but would get you an indoor pool, heavy snacks in the evening (weekdays) and a full cooked breakfast. Plus just about 20min to the Bridge if not during commute hours.

AnnieW625
08-06-2016, 07:30 AM
You could stay near Fisherman's Wharf in San Francisco and be able to see the bridge from a few hotels, but not sure about what to recommend as I have never stayed in a hotel in SF, but in that area I remember there being a Hyatt, a Holiday Inn, a Clarion, and a few other brand names in the area. You can actually see the bridge from afar in Berkeley and Oakland hills areas as well, but agree with PharmJenn it might be easier to stay in San Rafael especially if you aren't staying for at least a day in San Francisco and really just plan on driving over the bridge.

cuca_
08-06-2016, 02:29 PM
The Hyatt and the Sheraton in the Fisherman's Wharf area both have outside pools. We recently stayed at the Marriott in that area, and it was great! No pool though. We found we didn't need it, because there is so much to do. The Fisherman's Wharf area is VERY touristy, but my kids loved it.

They could have easily spent hours just watching the sea lions. There are also ferries and cruises that you can take and we found a great playground up the hill in the North Beach area.

Mommy_Mea
08-06-2016, 03:39 PM
We stayed at the Radisson fisherman's wharf two years ago, and it has an outdoor pool. It was too cool to use the pool when we were there, but not sure we would have anyways, so much to do right out our front door!

echoesofspring
08-14-2016, 11:45 AM
I stayed at the Lombard Motor Inn for a couple days in April for a business trip and would stay there again: http://www.lombardmotorinn.com/ . It's pretty low frills, no pool or onsite food, and not in as touristy a section of town as FW, so you may feel like you're out of the excitement, but it's close to lots of things and very reasonably priced. The clincher for me was free covered parking.

WatchingThemGrow
08-15-2016, 12:13 AM
Just spent the day at Fisherman's Wharf. So fun! We stayed at Powell and Market, but cousins stayed at DaVinci Villas a couple weeks ago and Were happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk