PDA

View Full Version : where to find deals on camping gear now?

diamond
08-11-2016, 05:00 PM
my target got rid of all their summer and camping stuff. we dont have amazon prime. i am looking for hammocks, camp stove, long forks for grilling, smores making stuff and long sticks, rope etc..

mikala
08-11-2016, 05:04 PM
Do you you have a farming or hunting/fishing type store nearby? Ours still has tons of camping and outdoor gear. You might also check Target online, especially if you have a Red card. If you want quality gear REI (maybe even outlet) or possibly Sierra Trading Post.

Gracemom
08-11-2016, 09:56 PM
We have found the best deals at Dick's Sporting Goods. They are pretty good with putting out coupons.

SASM
08-13-2016, 09:14 PM
If you don' need them in the next couple of days, Sierra Trading Post is my go-to. I grabbed tents, sleeping bags, titanium sporks, cooking sets, etc for my son and husband as they started their tenure into Boy Scouts. Get the Deal Flyer. I might have some codes in my email and can send you a referral for a $10 coupon...message me.

SoCalMommy
08-14-2016, 04:55 AM
Local sporting good stores were helpful for us. Not sure where you live, but Big 5 and Dick's are pretty good. (We loved Sport Chalet but they recently closed.) Usually you can get free shipping on Amazon if you order a minimum. We had to do that since we couldn't find the cooler size we needed anywhere else. Also check Costco or Sam's Club. Good luck!

Aishe
08-14-2016, 10:42 AM
My BB&B has some stuff on clearance. I saw someone buying a very nice hammock for $15 the other day.

SASM
08-14-2016, 02:55 PM
My Costco still has ENO-like hammocks for $30. One is blue and the other is a not-crazy-bright lime green. My husband has one and used it for camping...LOVED it as opposed to his roll-up sleeping mat...plus, he was fairly well protected from the bugs!