PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone do National Consumer Panel (NCP) with the home scanner?

JustMe
08-12-2016, 01:56 PM
So, I had read somewhere on-line about the National Consumer Panel (NCP) which, if you qualify, sends you a free scanner to use for scanning your groceries barcodes when you buy them. I thought you got money back, or at least significant "rewards" prizes so I signed up, qualified, and got my free scanner in the mail.

Turns out, as far as I can tell from reading on-line, you don't get money back but can save for rewards--most reviews say it takes years to get anything significant. I liked the program because they send you the scanner and you don't have to rely on a moblie device of your own (I don't pay for internet on my phone and its a nokia/windows, so doesnt work with a lot of apps). OTOH, I'm not thrilled about scanning all my purchases in and only would do so if it were worth it!

I am trying to decide if I want to try it or just send it back and forget about it. They give you pre-printed address labels and I can just stick it on the box and send it back.

Anyone have any experience with this prorgram?

pharmjenn
08-12-2016, 08:38 PM
Years ago I signed up, before most of us had internet on our phones. I don't think I kept it more than a couple days. I had no interest in scanning everything I purchased. I just wanted to put the stuff away when I got home. It seems like a big hassle to do so, for minimal benefit to your family