PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else breakout with Cetaphil?

trcy
08-14-2016, 01:55 PM
Since I started using Cetaphil face wash, I am breaking out like a teenager. I stopped using it for a bit and cleared right up. Went back to it, broke out again. Anyone else have this issue? I hate to throw away almost a whole bottle, anything else I can use it for?

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains mobile app

calebsmama03
08-14-2016, 10:16 PM
Yes!! It is AWFUL. I am always astounded that there are so many who swear by it. It has SLS, which ranks 5 out of 5 on the comedogenicity scale and is the harshest surfactant cleanser used in skincare. It's also chock full of parabens - nothing "gentle" about that. I broke out in horrible acne AND my face was red, raw, and irritated. Even my derm says Cetaphil is overrated. It's just good marketing.

lil_acorn
08-14-2016, 10:34 PM
Yes!! It is AWFUL. I am always astounded that there are so many who swear by it. It has SLS, which ranks 5 out of 5 on the comedogenicity scale and is the harshest surfactant cleanser used in skincare. It's also chock full of parabens - nothing "gentle" about that. I broke out in horrible acne AND my face was red, raw, and irritated. Even my derm says Cetaphil is overrated. It's just good marketing.

What does your dermatologist recommend then?

trcy
08-15-2016, 07:47 AM

Yes, please share.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains mobile app

meggie t
08-15-2016, 07:54 AM
I know my derm recommends Cera Ve. I haven't used it by my sister does. I use La Roche Posay, which was a derm exclusive when I started using it 10 years ago. Now available at CVS.

MelissaTC
08-15-2016, 08:28 AM
I used to use it a long time ago. I had no issues. Then something changed and I experienced what you are saying. I had to stop. I really like CeraVe.

MMMommy
08-15-2016, 12:50 PM
We really like Cerave Renewing SA Cleanser. Never liked Cetaphil, as I never felt clean after using it. Cetaphil just didn't do it for me at all.

calebsmama03
08-15-2016, 10:35 PM

She sells a derm exclusive brand that is $$$ but I prefer more natural skincare and I've been happy with the cleanser brand I've been using (Mychelle demaceuticals- I like the fruit enzyme cleanser but they also have a sensitive skin one that is nice in winter for me) so I don't pay attention to the brand she sells. Sorry! When I was talking about bringing my oldest in she did mention cerave but I didn't pursue it because it still has lots of parabens in it.

zukeypur
08-15-2016, 10:38 PM
It does the same to me. I use Purpose.

MMMommy
08-15-2016, 11:10 PM
She sells a derm exclusive brand that is $$$ but I prefer more natural skincare and I've been happy with the cleanser brand I've been using (Mychelle demaceuticals- I like the fruit enzyme cleanser but they also have a sensitive skin one that is nice in winter for me) so I don't pay attention to the brand she sells. Sorry! When I was talking about bringing my oldest in she did mention cerave but I didn't pursue it because it still has lots of parabens in it.

Cerave Renewing SA Cleanser doesn't have parabens, which is nice. I recommend this one! The other Cerave cleansers do have parabens.

Green_Tea
08-15-2016, 11:25 PM
Have never been a cetaphil fan. Makes my face feel slimy! I prefer PC products and Neutrogena products. I don't really care about parabens, SLS, etc.