PDA

View Full Version : Gift idea for 9 year boy who enjoys art?

IansMom
08-15-2016, 07:32 PM
We are going to a birthday party Sunday for my friend's son who is turning 9. When I asked about his interests, she said he has many but one is art. Any suggestions for ideas? This is probably going to be a large party and I would like to give something interesting and/or unique. I thought of a pad of black paper with oil pastels and or metallic pens or pencils. Thoughts? I would like to order from Amazon, but if it's cheaper, I don't mind going to Michaels, Hobby Lobby or Joann's.

gatorsmom
08-15-2016, 07:38 PM
What about a Spirograph? My twins are nearly 9yo and love this. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B009VE38CI/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1471304114&sr=8-1&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=spirograph+deluxe+design+set&dpPl=1&dpID=61sZ7FLlbnL&ref=plSrch

SASM
08-15-2016, 07:51 PM
My kids really like the adult nature coloring books and gel pens. I have two sets - one 48pk that's highly rated on Amazon and the 100pk from Costco with holder. You could also give an Extreme Dot to Dot along with the gel pens that he could color afterwards.

Another cool thing would be a kids painting session at a Wine and Design type painting studio where you pick the design and they have a kid class to paint the selection. Or a kids art class at a local art museum.

KpbS
08-15-2016, 10:13 PM
I was going to suggest oil pastels and a large drawing pad too. :)

IansMom
08-16-2016, 11:25 AM
Thank you all for your replies. I went to Michaels this morning and bought a black paper sketch pad, markers made especially for black paper and metallic colored pencils. I may try to find a hard case to put it all in if I have time.