PDA

View Full Version : Any feedback on IKEA Algot closet/storage systems?

candaceb
08-15-2016, 09:32 PM
Our new house has horrible closets and we need organizing systems ASAP. Elfa is not in the budget right now.
The IKEA system looks like a good alternative. Has anyone tried it? TIA

WatchingThemGrow
08-15-2016, 11:35 PM
No but you could DIY elfa when it goes on sale in a couple months and space it out over time like we did...except it was so addictive I did them pretty quickly. When more $ was available and another sale came along, I added drawers and other parts....just started with the basics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

legaleagle
08-16-2016, 10:43 AM
One of the cheaper brands is fully compatible with elfa and good quality (my mom just did her closet this way - maybe rubbermaid?), so you can get all the basic shelves, etc and just get the fancier elfa-only pieces as needed, esp if you can put those off until the winter sale.

teresah00
08-17-2016, 12:53 AM
http://realmod.blogspot.com/2014/05/closet-storage-systems-elfa-vs.html

I found this review helpful. I just installed elfa (off CL) and Rubbermaid deluxe into two closets this weekend. I prefer the elfa. I have a few more closets I want to do and will search CL and save to slowly do elfa.

candaceb
08-17-2016, 09:51 AM
Thank you so much for the Rubbermaid tip and the blog post above - I just ordered a Rubbermaid 4-8 ft kit from Amazon Warehouse and we will fill in with Elfa.

JdrKuhnert
08-17-2016, 09:53 AM
We had it in our old place and really liked it. It was easy to install and has a lot of variety. In our current closets, we just have the drawers in towers. The only thing that bothers me about the drawers are the corner tabs. Sometimes they pop off and the drawers do not slide correctly. I only have the problem with drawers that are heavily loaded. In total, we're happy with Algot and will install in our next house.