PDA

View Full Version : Planetbox lunch ideas

mackmama
08-15-2016, 10:29 PM
It's that time again, and I'd like to vary up the lunch menu a bit more for DC this year. What do you all pack in your planetbox? Of course others can answer without a planetbox, but just thinking about their particular dimensions/configurations and need ideas! I usually do a string cheese or yogurt squeeze in the long skinny area. Any other ideas? Sometimes I fill it with popcorn or sliced fruit, but it's such an odd shape that then the top often won't easily close. Anyway, I need general lunch ideas esp since peanut butter is not allowed and that's a protein staple for us. I need more protein ideas. I'm rambling here, but another issue is that DC doesn't like cold sandwiches (from the ice pack). How do others handle this?

DualvansMommy
08-15-2016, 10:53 PM
I usually do ham sandwich as an alternative to PB option. DS1 was allowed to have PB option in his lunchbox.

What does your DC like? Perhaps do chicken salad in main compartment? Tuna sandwich?

I often made homemade version of lo mein that I'll heat really hot in microwave and put in that, and it's perfect room temp for DS1 to eat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boolady
08-15-2016, 10:59 PM
Rolled up slices of organic lunch meat
Leftover chicken leg
Leftover cooked chicken sausage, sliced
Sliced or halved hard-boiled egg
Leftover hamburger or turkey burger, if we've recently grilled. DD will eat these on a roll, but is just as happy to have it cut, with pico de gallo for dipping.

Will your DC eat Sunbutter as a PB substitute?

mackmama
08-15-2016, 11:35 PM
DC won't eat sun butter. DC likes sandwiches but not after they're cold from an ice pack (which makes the bread weird, says DC). The chicken sausage is a good idea. DC won't eat egg. DC likes ham and lunch meat, but I don't think DC would eat them plain. Ugh so hard! I don't want DC getting hungry and then grumpy at the start of K.

SASM
08-16-2016, 06:21 AM
There are LOTS of ideas on Pinterest!