PDA

View Full Version : Teachers - how to get back in the work groove

niccig
08-16-2016, 01:21 AM
I'm not a teacher, I'm a SLP at a school and I just started back today after 9 weeks off. How do you get back in the groove of work? I enjoyed my work last year, but I'm dreading the "never enough time" feeling. I never get everything done as much as I'd like and always feeling that I'm behind on things. A friend has been working in schools longer than I, and said I need to get to acceptance that I'll always be behind on something as juggling too many things. I'm also hoping I'm a bit more efficient this year. I need to try and balance work and home a bit better too. I'd also love to get more sleep and some exercise in.

Anyways, I'd appreciate any advice.

PZMommy
08-16-2016, 09:10 AM
I always feel like there is more that needs to be done and I'm going on year 13. I've been working in my room the past two weeks, so I am starting to get in the groove. I thought I was set to go and then after 4 hours of meetings yesterday I feel like I'm so far behind! lol. It takes me about a week with the kids to get back in the groove and into a good routine of home/work.

As for finding a balance I leave no later than 3:30. I try to not take work home, but if I do, I do it after my kids have gone to bed. I go to bed on the early side 10:00, but am up at 5). My DH (also a teacher) goes to the gym at 4am before work, but I'm not that dedicated. lol

niccig
08-16-2016, 11:18 PM
Thanks for the advice. It's just crazy right now, it'll all work out..I hope.

pinay
08-17-2016, 01:13 AM
I'm starting year 16 and it's still difficult to transition into a new school year! There's always more that needs to be done, and setting boundaries is key. I've had to give myself some grace and realize that not everything has to be done perfectly- sometimes, it's enough that it just gets done :)