PDA

View Full Version : App Like Snapchat withOUT Social Media Aspect

lisa928
08-21-2016, 08:09 PM
My almost 8 year old twins want Snapchat and my obvious answer is no. When I ask them why it is to have the ability to make funny pictures rather than chat features. In other words just take pictures to photo-shop and save on their own devices. Is there another kid friendly app that allows for them to create silly pictures?

EDIT: I see that Snapchat has a companion app called Snapkidz that looks like it may be the answer. "Snapkidz is incredibly limited, and shows only a camera and a canvas for drawing on. Pictures cannot be sent out, and can only be stored to your device." Any thoughts?

daisysmom
08-22-2016, 12:57 PM
My 9 year old is on Snapchat - we just monitor who she is friends with on there. Right now she is friends with her 6 besties from school, and then she is friends with several babysitters who I know well and some of our relatives (basically highschool and college age). I am perfectly comfortable with that since she isn't chatting with anyone else other than those which we know well.

BunnyBee
08-22-2016, 01:06 PM
If you have a private account and don't link the account to anyone else, you remove the social media aspect while keeping the silly pic functionality.