PDA

View Full Version : Easy seafood/ fish recipes that are preschooler friendly

Pilotbaby
08-26-2016, 07:55 AM
Hello,
I have never like any type of seafood. The smell bothers me so much that I also don't cook it. I would like to add it into my families menu though because our 4 year old needs some more healthy options. Any relatively easy recipes out there that a non seafood eater can cook that kids would like? TIA

JBaxter
08-26-2016, 08:02 AM
I make this one quite often. The local amish market gets fresh caught Cod its mild and everyone seems to like this recipe I use panko instead of cracker crumbs sometimes and adjust the cooking time depending on how thick the cut is. Any white wine that's currently in my fridge is what I use :D
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/228319/perfect-ten-baked-cod/

specialp
08-26-2016, 08:27 AM
Mine love pesto fish (http://heatherlikesfood.com/oven-baked-pesto-tilapia/) made with tilapia and fish tacos made with mahi mahi.

mm123
08-26-2016, 12:06 PM
My DDs are very picky, and will eat sole- it's very mild tasting. I dip it in egg, then breadcrumbs mixed with Parmesan, and pan fry. DD2 doesn't like breading so much, so for her, I often just sprinkle with salt and pepper and then pan fry. You can also bake it if you don't want to fry, but it comes out less crispy.

They will also sometimes eat salmon filets. I just sprinkle with a combo of salt, pepper and garlic powder, and then bake at 450 for 10-12 minutes.

wendibird22
08-26-2016, 12:58 PM
Mine love tipalia (ether brushed with EVOO and a little cilantro, breaded, or just with a dash of paprika) and salmon with dill. You can put under the broiler (just lightly grease your pan so it doesn't stick), pan fry, cook on a George Forman (we do this often), or grill (in foil packets or a grill basket). I find the most important learning curve is how to not overcook it.

123LuckyMom
08-26-2016, 03:42 PM
My DD loves any mild white fish (tilapia, cod) with a little bit of mayonnaise, herbs, and Parmesan cheese. You cook it at 425 for 9-12 minutes.

Most preparations for chicken will taste good with a mild fish filet.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains mobile app

Charlie
08-26-2016, 06:34 PM
My 5 year old likes the panko shrimp in the frozen section at Costco. I like tilapia because it's very mild - I just bake with butter and lemon pepper but the kids won't eat it.