PDA

View Full Version : costco shopping cooler

diamond
08-28-2016, 11:37 PM
does anyone have this and like it? just got one and i think its huge. also the price was 8.99$. is that a good price for it?

mikala
08-28-2016, 11:56 PM
I have it and like it. I can't remember what I paid but that sounds about right. I keep it in my trunk and take it into costco or the grocery when I can't go directly home afterwards and pack my cold groceries in it to keep them insulated. I love that it's big enough to hold a gallon of milk plus plenty of other stuff.

Zukini
08-29-2016, 12:55 AM
We liked ours so much we have 2 from Costco, one for each car plus a smaller version, not from Costco, that I use for extra stops like trader joes or the farmers market. For big shops, I gather up all 3 cooler bags plus the regular reusable bags. It keeps items cold or mostly frozen, with or without ice added. I've had milk from the store go bad one time here in Texas during the summer but not an issue since we've used the bags.

They fill up fast, and we are a family of 3 that grocery shops weekly. What goes in - milk, butter, cheese, cold juice, berries and cold fruit, frozen items, meat / bacon bagged in plastic bags provided by store to prevent cross contamination, eggs on top if there is space. Ice - if there is space and if the store offers it. I am vigilant about sorting my items at checkout so cold stuff does get loaded in to those bags vs regular. It allows me to be able to make a couple extra stops or just relax and deal with DS when I get home instead of rushing to offload and put up groceries.

8.99 sounds about right for it too. I think our first one was 6.99 but that was several years ago. Highly, highly reccomend for the price.

georgiegirl
08-29-2016, 08:25 AM
I have one from Trader Joes and it cost $8 or so. It's come in handy this summer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk