PDA

View Full Version : Costco Ultimate Sherpa Throw

MMMommy
08-30-2016, 12:06 PM
I recall the sherpa throws from Costco being a hit here. Costco's Ultimate Sherpa Throws are $3 off right now in warehouses, so $11.99 after discount. Not sure when the $3 off ends or whether the discount is YMMV.

The Costco item number is 1049299. The brand is Life Comfort, 60" x 70" and description says "Super Luxurious Plush Reversing to Microfiber." I stocked up on them, as they are cozy and a great price. The colors I saw were tan, purple, gray, and light blue.

TwinFoxes
08-30-2016, 12:18 PM
They are crazy awesome. I bought one for myself on a whim, and it is the most coveted blanket in the house. I'm planning to buy one for everyone, including our dogs this year. Thanks for the tip re: $3 off.

legaleagle
08-30-2016, 12:21 PM
Yes, we have 2 and could always use more, so cozy!

lchang25000
08-30-2016, 12:28 PM
Thanks for the heads up. Do they shed a lot and leave lint everywhere?

Charlie
08-30-2016, 12:41 PM

We haven't had any shedding.

Mommy_Mea
08-30-2016, 01:06 PM
No shedding. We fight over the one we have, can't wait to buy more now that they are back in stores!

keh602
08-30-2016, 01:09 PM

I don't remember having any shedding with the green one I bought last year. This year I bought a purple one, and I've seen a few little clumps of purple fuzz on the floor and on DH. Nothing excessive though. I've never seen lint from the sherpa side anywhere.

MMMommy
08-30-2016, 01:30 PM
I've had awful lint issues with other blankets (some from Costco), but I didn't seem to have any issues with this one when washing for the first time yesterday. Granted, I washed them in a separate load from my clothes for the first washing.

calebsmama03
08-30-2016, 05:45 PM
I really wish these came in pink! DD has a pink sherpa blanket from Marshalls and it is CRAP. The sherpa is literally crunchy and rough plus the whole thing shrunk at least 6 inhes. I want to toss it and get one of these but she is set on pink.

zukeypur
08-30-2016, 06:24 PM
thanks for the heads up. any idea when the coupon expires?

daniele_ut
08-30-2016, 07:38 PM
I was just there today and almost bought a couple. The stupid cat has peed on my expensive Saranoni blankets (THREE of them) more than once. I just soaked them in Nature's Miracle and got the smell out (to my nose, at least) but they are getting put away until we no longer have a cat and I need to pick up some inexpensive blankets in the meantime. I will run back tomorrow and grab some.

Remy
08-30-2016, 09:56 PM
I was just there today and almost bought a couple. The stupid cat has peed on my expensive Saranoni blankets (THREE of them) more than once. I just soaked them in Nature's Miracle and got the smell out (to my nose, at least) but they are getting put away until we no longer have a cat and I need to pick up some inexpensive blankets in the meantime. I will run back tomorrow and grab some.

Oh no! We love our Saranoni blankets.

lisa928
08-31-2016, 07:17 AM
Can someone tell me the dimensions of the blanket? I am not looking for precise numbers more an understanding if it will cover toes to shoulders for both myself as well as DH who is very tall.

Mommy_Mea
08-31-2016, 07:40 AM
Can someone tell me the dimensions of the blanket? I am not looking for precise numbers more an understanding if it will cover toes to shoulders for both myself as well as DH who is very tall.
There is a 2 pack on their website, dimensions are there. Says the price is good through 9/7/16, I assume it is the same for the single pack in store.

http://m.costco.com/Ultimate-Sherpa-Throw-2-pack.product.100301002.html

Eta: sorry, just understood your question. It isn't huge, I think each of you would need one, you couldn't share, unless you were super snuggled 😊

keh602
08-31-2016, 09:30 AM

60x70. DH is 6'5", and he can comfortably use it.

Percycat
08-31-2016, 01:13 PM
I bought one last year and cut it into smaller squares, reversed and mostly sewed, reversed and finished sewing --- to make wonderful cat blankets/pads from one blanket. This year, our GS troop has talked about making blankets for an animal shelter as a service project --- this is a very affordable way to get great fabric.

WitMom
08-31-2016, 01:40 PM
How does the sherpa side hold up? I have an off-brand sherpa blanket, and while it is super warm, the sherpa side is all matted and looks DEES-GUSTING.

almostmom
08-31-2016, 01:46 PM
Mine too! I'll be sticking with the super soft fleece blankets without the sherpa part because of that! I do think I bought my sherpa one at costco a few years ago, but it also might be from TJ Maxx/