PDA

View Full Version : say something?

lmh2402
09-02-2016, 10:13 AM
DS had two friends over yesterday.

last night at dinner he mentioned casually, "oh Friend 1 did something so funny in our basement!" I said, "oh yeah?! what?" DS said, "he turned into naked man!!! he took off all this clothes except his socks and we all laughed."

i didn't / don't want to make a huge deal of it in front of DS. I casually asked how long he was naked for - he said about five seconds. I asked if he didn't anything strange or funny while he was naked and he said no, that he (DS) and other friend just laughed and then Friend 1 put his clothes back on. But that he forgot to put his underwear on before his shorts, so he just put his underwear in his pocket.

I asked DS what he thougth of Friend 1 doing that and he said, "it was so funny! I was going to take my clothes off too, but then Friend 1 put his back on before I could take mine off." :thumbsdown::6:

Sooo, do i tell Friend 1's mom? If it were me, I'd want to know. but I don't know this woman all that well - we're certainly well-acquainted but not friends.

And what about DS?! he's like a lemming. It's always been his personality. I tried to talk to him about not simply following others blindly. but he totally brushed me off.

I am hesitant to raise the issue with him again and over-talk it, KWIM?

thanks

kdeunc
09-02-2016, 10:31 AM
I would just remind your son that we need to keep our clothes on in front of other people. Our private parts are private and should be covered in front of others. I would casually mention it to the other mom. "The boys were in the basement and "your son" took his clothes off to be funny and the other boys laughed and then they moved on to something else. I reminded "my son" that we should always keep our private parts covered in front of others, no "naked man" games. Just wanted to give you a heads up.

I think it was a case of boys trying to get a laugh.

lmh2402
09-02-2016, 11:00 AM
I think it was a case of boys trying to get a laugh.

Yes, this is exactly what I think. I really don't think it was anything more than that...which is why I wonder if I should even both saying anything to the mom...since I don't know her that well

mmommy
09-02-2016, 11:07 AM
I don't think it's a big deal personally. Some families/people are not so bothered about nudity. And some kids find it hysterical. To me it sounds like the kid was just trying to get a laugh and he succeeded.

jren
09-02-2016, 11:19 AM
Similar situation with my DS around that same age. He and his friend were just being goofy. Only friend decided it would be funny to make a video. So, the dad did alert me and video was deleted and his son was grounded (since it was his son's idea). I just laughed it off with DS. I should mention that friend is 1 1/2 years older than DS was, so in that case I can see why he was grounded. We did reiterate the private parts conversation.