PDA

View Full Version : Anyone getting their Halloween decorations out yet?

gatorsmom
09-05-2016, 11:47 PM
My kids have been pointing out trees lately that they think are changing to fall colors. I admit, I think it's a bit early to get out Halloween decor but I'm itching to and I hope I'm not alone. I don't have much in the way of non-spooky, fall decorations other than pumpkins. And it always seems the Halloween "season" flies by.

Anyone else itching to get the spooky stuff out yet?? :boogie:

wallawala
09-05-2016, 11:57 PM
My kids have been pointing out trees lately that they think are changing to fall colors. I admit, I think it's a bit early to get out Halloween decor but I'm itching to and I hope I'm not alone. I don't have much in the way of non-spooky, fall decorations other than pumpkins. And it always seems the Halloween "season" flies by.

Anyone else itching to get the spooky stuff out yet?? :boogie:

Me!!!! Halloween with the macabre skeletons and fluffy bunnies at easter are my two favorite holidays from a pure decorations bent. And yes i have a bunny skeleton...

I am halloween decor shopping, but have only put out my newest purchases from target yet. A large bat skeleton and an articulated snake skeleton. If it wasnt for the sake of staying married... I'd leave it all out year round.

Grandin road is 25% off and free ship for labor day. They have the best halloween stuff!!!

gatorsmom
09-06-2016, 12:13 AM
Me!!!! Halloween with the macabre skeletons and fluffy bunnies at easter are my two favorite holidays from a pure decorations bent. And yes i have a bunny skeleton...

I am halloween decor shopping, but have only put out my newest purchases from target yet. A large bat skeleton and an articulated snake skeleton. If it wasnt for the sake of staying married... I'd leave it all out year round.

Grandin road is 25% off and free ship for labor day. They have the best halloween stuff!!!

yay I'm not alone! And thank you for telling me about the Grandin road discount. I have several items circled that I'm going to go order....

DualvansMommy
09-06-2016, 01:12 AM
im usually itching to put out mine by 2nd week of September, but because we still get really hot temps in those first 2 weeks every Sept lately, ive resisted. But by last Saturday of Sept rolls around, its out and up by then!

ourbabygirl
09-06-2016, 07:51 AM
I just do fall décor (front door wreath, mums, Indian corn, some other decorations downstairs), and I switched over from summer to fall stuff a week or so ago! :bag

JBaxter
09-06-2016, 07:52 AM
No and I just walked the neighborhood no else does either I'm more toward the end of September first of October

jgenie
09-06-2016, 08:27 AM
Does having it out in the garage from last year because it never made it to storage count? :D

specialp
09-06-2016, 08:32 AM
No, I wait until Oct. 1, but I am excited! DH and I were talking last night about a few extra things we want to do this year.

SnuggleBuggles
09-06-2016, 08:58 AM
Heck no. Fall stuff can start with a slow roll out like with mums replacing my summer planters. I pretty much wait until the first official day of fall though. Halloween isn't allowed until 10/1 at the earliest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tenasparkl
09-06-2016, 09:15 AM
I'm not quite ready to pull out my giant plastic vampire, ghost and pumpkin (love them so much!)

We live in a neighborhood that goes crazy for Halloween. Lots of neighbors work in special effects, set design, animation, makeup etc. so some amazing displays should start to appear soon on local front lawns. Some are a bit over the top and scary for little kids (including a haunted house that people a few streets over build every year).

carolinacool
09-06-2016, 09:25 AM
Not until the first weekend of October, although I have started taking inventory of what I have. Target is starting to put stuff out here--yesterday they had set up the tables and had a handful of costumes hanging. I've discovered they don't really restock Halloween, so if I see something I really like, I'll go ahead and buy it, even in September.

For September, I have a couple of fall-themed door decor items and I switch my dining table decor over to fall stuff, but that's really it.

Pear
09-06-2016, 08:13 PM
DH and I reached an agreement that Halloween decor could go up October 1st, with some allowance for going up the weekend prior if the weekend after is unavailable. DD is already begging to put them up as always. She loves Halloween.

His preference was oct 30th.

Is there a Halloween version of a grinch?

gatorsmom
09-06-2016, 09:28 PM
DH and I reached an agreement that Halloween decor could go up October 1st, with some allowance for going up the weekend prior if the weekend after is unavailable. DD is already begging to put them up as always. She loves Halloween.

His preference was oct 30th.

Is there a Halloween version of a grinch?

I've met people too who don't like Halloween, but they are rare. I hate to say it but I think I love Halloween more than Christmas. There isn't as much pressure or stress to keep up with the traditions. It's all just fun and silly. And it allows me to get as creative as I want.

eta- thanks again, Wallawala for the heads up about the Grandin road deal. I ordered a nice fall wreath and some Halloween and even Christmas stuff.

marymoo86
09-07-2016, 10:55 AM
I've met people too who don't like Halloween, but they are rare. I hate to say it but I think I love Halloween more than Christmas. There isn't as much pressure or stress to keep up with the traditions. It's all just fun and silly. And it allows me to get as creative as I want.

eta- thanks again, Wallawala for the heads up about the Grandin road deal. I ordered a nice fall wreath and some Halloween and even Christmas stuff.

We only do fall decor outside - mums, pumpkins, etc. DH utterly detests Halloween and we have one neighbor who always decorates in a grotesque, macabre fashion that does little to improve DHs attitude. I really don't care for it but go along with the costumes etc for the kids.

ellies mom
09-07-2016, 12:28 PM
I usually wait until the beginning of October. I really need new stuff this year because I'm tired of the stuff I've got. But we are also finishing up a kitchen remodel and I still don't have the upstairs put back together after replacing all of the carpeting so it is pretty far down on my list this year. I should probably come up with something to do with the girls though to make up for being out of town the last week of October (I fly home on Halloween).

nfceagles
09-07-2016, 12:28 PM
I am a major Halloween grinch. Hate it. I don't mind dark things. I read lots of zombie books and the occasional Stephen King horror book, but I detest Halloween. All those kids thinking they deserve candy just for knocking on people's doors. Ugh! Now bear in mind, I hide my grinch and go along for the most part. Let my kids trick or treat and hand out candy politely, but if Halloween ended I would be very happy about it. Not even sure why I feel this way.

Corie
09-07-2016, 01:45 PM
I LOVE Halloween!!! Can't wait! But right now, I have fall decorations out. I have tons of mums on our front porch and a big wooden paw print on my front
door for our local high school. We are having 14 girls over next weekend before the big Homecoming dance to take pictures! Should be fun! :)

azzeps
09-07-2016, 07:24 PM
Ummm, I still have decorations hanging from July 4th.... :bag. In my defense, it was my son's birthday, and I left DD's birthday stuff up a long time after her party, and oh who am I kidding??? I have just been too lazy to drag the ladder in from the garage to take the stuff down!!!