PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for a Spring Break trip where our kids can play with other kids

ourbabygirl
09-16-2016, 11:42 PM
and we can meet & hang out with other families? We'd like to go somewhere warm, in the middle of March. The places that first come to mind are southern CA or FL, but we've done those and I'd like to try something different. I'm also open to Mexico, Puerto Rico, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, not sure where else, but our youngest will be 2, so I'd rather have one flight or a shorter one if at all possible. I also thought maybe Arizona, New Mexico, or San Antonio, as still warm, but different, but DH has no interest in those.
I'd rather not do a cruise, and I'd love to find a place (rental house or hotel) for no more than about $300 a night.

Are there resorts we could go to where our kids can hang out with other kids and we can do activities together as families? And/or something with a little community service as part of the experience? (We looked into our church's mission trip, but it's extremely expensive and I don't know that we could take a child as young as 2.)

Any ideas?

Thanks for your help! :)

dhano923
09-17-2016, 12:16 AM
Hawaii?

essnce629
09-17-2016, 01:36 AM
We've gone to Club Med Ixtapa for the past 2 Spring Breaks and have been very happy. Club Med has kid's clubs from baby all the way up through teens with tons of daily activities and ZERO screen time! We all loved it. Lots of other family activities too like pottery painting, evening family shows, classes, soccer, the white dinner, etc. DS1 (11 and 12 when we went) loved his kid's club so much that we barely ever saw him! Daily kid's club activities include kayaking, sailing, pool time and games, trapeze school, archery, sports, and beach time. The kids also put on a show every week. And even when DS2 (5 and 6 when we went) chose not to join his kid's club he always found other kids to play with at the pool and on the beach. The kid's club age groupings are: baby, 2-3, 4-5, 6-7, 8-10, 11-13, and 14-17. All of the kid's clubs had tons of kids, including the teen club.

gatorsmom
09-17-2016, 10:29 AM
We've gone to Club Med Ixtapa for the past 2 Spring Breaks and have been very happy. Club Med has kid's clubs from baby all the way up through teens with tons of daily activities and ZERO screen time! We all loved it. Lots of other family activities too like pottery painting, evening family shows, classes, soccer, the white dinner, etc. DS1 (11 and 12 when we went) loved his kid's club so much that we barely ever saw him! Daily kid's club activities include kayaking, sailing, pool time and games, trapeze school, archery, sports, and beach time. The kids also put on a show every week. And even when DS2 (5 and 6 when we went) chose not to join his kid's club he always found other kids to play with at the pool and on the beach. The kid's club age groupings are: baby, 2-3, 4-5, 6-7, 8-10, 11-13, and 14-17. All of the kid's clubs had tons of kids, including the teen club.

I second Club Med. We went to Club Med Cancun this past March and the kids are now begging to go back next spring (although I'd love to try Ixtapa next time). The kids clubs are FANTASTIC. We've gone about 5 times to different Club Meds over the past 13 years and have never had a complaint other than the rooms not being particularly luxurious. But we go back for the activities, the kids clubs, the fact that it's all inclusive and for the food.