PDA

View Full Version : Prime Shipping- WTH?

wellyes
10-14-2016, 04:26 PM
I am really getting irritated with Amazon Prime.

Just tried to order something. It is Friday and we're within regular business hours. How is getting it Wednesday considered 2-day shipping?
Order within the next 69 hours 58 minutes?
What?

I like Prime. I use the videos. I listen to the music. I have a Kindle. I have an Echo. I'm a loyal customer. But I will feel toyed with, like the object of a joke.
They used to do a lot better, AND they used ship Saturdays.
I'm irritated.

ExcitedMamma
10-14-2016, 05:00 PM
I know it's awful! FWIW I complained about it and they bumped up my order so if you do need it quicker that could help. I don't understand how they think they can get away with this and not anger their customers.

MrsZaz
10-14-2016, 05:03 PM
Could it be where you are located or where it is suppose to ship from? Any possibility it's coming from the Carolina area that is still recovering from hurricane Mathew? I have had prime for several years and never had a delay like that. I am on the east coast.

Colleen

Tenasparkl
10-14-2016, 05:24 PM
That makes me crazy. I usually have packages shipped to my office, but have found that if I change the address to my home I usually get a faster delivery date. I ordered a few things yesterday and chose Sat delivery at my house over Monday at my office. One of the items is scheduled for today. I can't figure out what they're doing lately.

wellyes
10-14-2016, 05:33 PM
Could it be where you are located or where it is suppose to ship from? Any possibility it's coming from the Carolina area that is still recovering from hurricane Mathew? I have had prime for several years and never had a delay like that. I am on the east coast.

Colleen

If it was a one-time thing, I'd shrug it off. It's pretty common from what I've seen, especially on Thursdays and Fridays.

AnnieW625
10-14-2016, 06:26 PM
If it was a one-time thing, I'd shrug it off. It's pretty common from what I've seen, especially on Thursdays and Fridays.

:yeahthat: and I am less than two hours from a large shipping warehouse (San Bernardino), and 4 hours from the Vegas warehouse so I can get free one day or same day, but never on the weekends. Every once in a great while I will order something on A Thursday and I will get delivered on a Sunday, but Saturday used to be standard. We pay taxes on Amazon because of that shipping CA warehouse so I want my stuff quickly!

Pennylane
10-14-2016, 10:54 PM
Yep, I've complained about 3 late orders and each time they extended my prime membership by a month.
Ann

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains mobile app

BananaMama
10-16-2016, 06:34 PM
There is a limit to how many extensions your can get for late delivery, I think it's 6 months. Cause I hit the limit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Corie
10-16-2016, 07:12 PM
I find Prime Shipping to be incredibly frustrating as well. I've never called to complain though.
Maybe I should!

Smillow
10-16-2016, 07:24 PM
I wrote an email to complain about shopping for a gift on a Tuesday evening that said Prime shipping, but in order to get it by Friday, I would have to choose one day shipping - otherwise some things wouldn't arrive till the following Monday! I ended up choosing things that would arrive on Friday, which was fine, I just didn't like my choices restricted for Prime eligible items that clearly were not. They responded by getting them there by Thursday, but that wasn't my point at all.

Soccermomm
10-17-2016, 05:08 PM
OP thanks for starting this thread. It reminded me to call them! I ordered last monday to get one day shipping (arriving tuesday) and it did not show up till Wednesday at 5pm ish. CS rep was very nice and refunded by $18. (I dont normally do one day shipping, sent something to a friend in need from the hurricane effects)

wellyes
10-17-2016, 06:03 PM
I find Prime Shipping to be incredibly frustrating as well. I've never called to complain though.
Maybe I should!
I have never called but I've chatted (IM)..... I like it because (1) like everyone, I hate the telephone and (2) you can have a copy of the chat transcript emailed to you as a record.

I've had one or two extensions for late delivery, but I've never thought to do it before to complain about a 4-5 day shipping option called Prime 2 Day Shipping. I just might next time.

ahisma
10-17-2016, 06:22 PM
I've had this happen a few times recently. Amazon says that it's dependent on which warehouse they're shipping from. Prime doesn't seem to mean guaranteed 2-day shipping anymore, which drives me batty.

ExcitedMamma
10-17-2016, 08:27 PM
I just had to return something and got charged for return shipping. I've never had that happen before! They claimed its been going on for a long time but it's not helping my prime bitterness. It's just not what it used to be at all.