PDA

View Full Version : Wish Lists - too early?

lauren3110
10-15-2016, 11:45 PM
Is it too early to start the wish list thread? It is one of my favorites each year. I always get good ideas from others :)

Doll clothes armoire
Flat iron
Camping hammock for dh
Puppy/kitty in my pocket stuff
Find It games

ang79
10-16-2016, 12:33 AM
Both my targets had a several sets of those puppy/kitty in my pocket things on clearance. I'd never seen them before but thought my girls might like, especially the 8 yr. old, she likes any type of animals and tiny toys!

abh5e8
10-16-2016, 11:02 AM
Not to early for me... I need to get on this. Ds1 and 2 want Legos, and I already have a big set for each. No clue for my girls. Dd1 will be 10 in jan and is pretty much past toys... But we are not ready for a phone or the like. And dd2 is 3 but it seems we have every toy known to man... So I need ideas for her too. The baby is set... We boxed up all the baby toys agree ago, and will wrap some for him. He will just be 4 months by Christmas. May also give him new copies of our favorite board books, as they are falling apart.

lauren3110
10-17-2016, 09:16 PM
Both my targets had a several sets of those puppy/kitty in my pocket things on clearance. I'd never seen them before but thought my girls might like, especially the 8 yr. old, she likes any type of animals and tiny toys!

Thanks I will have to check Target!

lauren3110
10-17-2016, 09:18 PM
Not to early for me... I need to get on this. Ds1 and 2 want Legos, and I already have a big set for each. No clue for my girls. Dd1 will be 10 in jan and is pretty much past toys... But we are not ready for a phone or the like. And dd2 is 3 but it seems we have every toy known to man... So I need ideas for her too. The baby is set... We boxed up all the baby toys agree ago, and will wrap some for him. He will just be 4 months by Christmas. May also give him new copies of our favorite board books, as they are falling apart.

My 3yr old wants everything her 7yr old sister has. I'm torn with ignoring it or buying 2 of everything [emoji51]

abh5e8
10-17-2016, 09:52 PM
We might have the same three year old. :)

Mikey0709
10-18-2016, 09:56 AM
Never too early! Right now is double points at the LEGO store - so i always start there beginning of October.

My oldest is reaching the "no toys" stage.... ugh, he already has asked for a phone WITH DATA PLAN for Christmas.

The only toy so far was BLOXELS - - toy that works with ipad? They saw a commercial for it. Local toy store had it for around $50, $46 on amazon.

jamiechic
10-18-2016, 07:58 PM
Looking for suggestions for a few stocking stuffers. Need a comb/brush for my 3 year old with fine, but long hair. Also looking for water bottles for her and 2 yo that are easy to clean.

twowhat?
10-18-2016, 09:35 PM
Looking for suggestions for a few stocking stuffers. Need a comb/brush for my 3 year old with fine, but long hair. Also looking for water bottles for her and 2 yo that are easy to clean.

I bought these on a whim as stocking stuffers for my girls and just LOVE them. They are a very smooth molded plastic with no seams, and it works GREAT on fine kids hair and is the perfect size for kids - large enough to actually efficiently brush hair but small enough to handle. I think I found mine at CVS or Walgreens, and have also seen them at Target. I do their hair up in braids or a pony every morning, using their brush, and it's fantastic!

http://ladysugarsheen.blogspot.com/2015/08/travel-size-must-haves.html

AlbrightRC
10-20-2016, 06:38 PM
love camelback kids water bottles.

hillview
10-20-2016, 06:51 PM
Honestly I can't even. They need exactly nothing at all.

SnuggleBuggles
10-20-2016, 06:55 PM

Exactly the same. I found a few games but otherwise, nothing needed or wanted. A trip would be choice but I just don't know where ds2 stands on the big guy. I feel once he's off the table, things get easier!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

abh5e8
10-20-2016, 07:18 PM
We love the small size Wet Brush, from Amazon.

lauren3110
10-20-2016, 09:39 PM

I usually put funny socks or undies, new toothbrushes, new chapstick, some candy, sunglasses, stretchy gloves in stockings.

We love the Wet Brush at our house. We have 4 of them lol. Don't let the name fool you they are great on dry hair too - I use it on mine as well as kids.

We like the contigo water bottles. We usually get the multi-packs from Costco at back to school time but they might have them other times of the year too

lauren3110
10-20-2016, 09:41 PM

lol I know! But I'm such a deal hunter I have to start early - I hate paying full price for stuff!

krobbin
10-21-2016, 04:08 PM
I'm hunting for bicycles for my two girls, 4 and 5. Recommendations for brands would also be appreciated. They have a balance bike, so these would be their first pedal bicycles.

I also am looking for a deal on a micro maxi scooter! I got a great deal on a micro mini a couple of years ago on Gilt, but I haven't seen them there in a long time :(

Charlie
10-21-2016, 04:40 PM
I'm hunting for bicycles for my two girls, 4 and 5. Recommendations for brands would also be appreciated. They have a balance bike, so these would be their first pedal bicycles.

I also am looking for a deal on a micro maxi scooter! I got a great deal on a micro mini a couple of years ago on Gilt, but I haven't seen them there in a long time :(

Orange maxis and minis are currently 20% off and free ship with code Autumn -

http://www.microkickboard.com/halloween-deals

abh5e8
10-21-2016, 06:46 PM

The website two wheeling tots dot com has tons of reviews and recs for a first pedal bike.

krobbin
10-22-2016, 11:06 AM
The website two wheeling tots dot com has tons of reviews and recs for a first pedal bike.

Thanks, this is very useful!

Orange maxis and minis are currently 20% off and free ship with code Autumn -

http://www.microkickboard.com/halloween-deals

Thanks, I'll check it out :)

lauren3110
10-22-2016, 02:28 PM

Keep an eye on zulily. Sometimes they have them I think

SASM
10-24-2016, 09:15 PM
The ONLY thing that I am really hunting for is a set of hardcover Harry Potter books (with the great Harry illustrations on the dust covers). I would even be fine with VERY good condition used.

lauren3110
10-30-2016, 12:13 AM
The ONLY thing that I am really hunting for is a set of hardcover Harry Potter books (with the great Harry illustrations on the dust covers). I would even be fine with VERY good condition used.

Better world books was having a 30% off sale - might check there

PZMommy
10-30-2016, 12:50 AM
The only toy so far was BLOXELS - - toy that works with ipad? They saw a commercial for it. Local toy store had it for around $50, $46 on amazon.

I just looked this up, and this looks like it would be perfect for my 7 yr old gamer!

SASM
10-30-2016, 08:23 AM
Better world books was having a 30% off sale - might check there

Oh no!! It must have ended yesterday?? Not seeing 30% off now...just a coupon code for 10%. [emoji31]

lauren3110
10-30-2016, 02:14 PM
Oh no!! It must have ended yesterday?? Not seeing 30% off now...just a coupon code for 10%. [emoji31]

So sorry it did end yesterday :( they will probably run a similar deal again before the holidays

army_mom
10-30-2016, 08:38 PM

If all else fails for bargains, albeebaby sells micro maxi scooters and runs 20% off a lot and we don't pay tax there so it works for us. I found a lot of the great deals were for the mini only when I was hunting for bargains in the maxi a few years ago. They were on zulily a few years ago but not sure if their price was any better than 20% off.

army_mom
10-30-2016, 08:43 PM
I was just thinking about this thread!
We are on the hunt for bargains for a strider balance bike, micro mini scooter, a small bounce house, and iPad mini 4 (preferably 128 but may do 64 if the bargain is significant)

mmsmom
10-31-2016, 08:06 AM

There is a set at Costco now. Not sure of price.

Ms B
10-31-2016, 12:03 PM
I have a list going; I can find all of these things but really want to get decent prices (or even screaming deals) if possible:

Sonos Play 1 in white for the family (we need one in the kitchen)
Durand corkscrew for DH
New hoodies with full front zips for The Biscuit in size 6 - I prefer the Nike Thermafit or Drifit on deep discount if possible
The Biscuit wants a "rainbow" puffy vest (as in the type they had in the 70s). DH wants me to find something that has "boy colors" as opposed to "girl colors".
"Unbreakable" glass wine glasses for DB and the probable future SIL - I would like to get them a set of 8 if they are decently priced
Hot Wheels for The Biscuit at good prices
Lego Juniors or City for The Biscuit also at good prices
Harry & David for the ILs and my parents (probably will go with the best deal around or shortly after Black Friday)
Maybe a full size Yeti cooler if we can find a screaming deal. It would be good for road trips, farmer's marketing, etc. because regular coolers do not seem to keep everything cold when they are in the car for hours in the summer.

In related matters, the gift closet at our house is almost cleaned out, so good deals on board games and smaller lego sets always are appreciated!

TIA for any help on this!

Charlie
10-31-2016, 01:48 PM
I have a list going; I can find all of these things but really want to get decent prices (or even screaming deals) if possible:

Durand corkscrew for DH
New Ugg Coquettes for me
New hoodies with full front zips for The Biscuit in size 6 - I prefer the Nike Thermafit or Drifit on deep discount if possible
The Biscuit wants a "rainbow" puffy vest (as in the type they had in the 70s). DH wants me to find something that has "boy colors" as opposed to "girl colors".
"Unbreakable" glass wine glasses for DB and the probable future SIL - I would like to get them a set of 8 if they are decently priced
Harry & David for the ILs and my parents (probably will go with the best deal around or shortly after Black Friday)
Maybe a full size Yeti cooler if we can find a screaming deal. It would be good for road trips, farmer's marketing, etc. because regular coolers do not seem to keep everything cold when they are in the car for hours in the summer.

In related matters, the gift closet at our house is almost cleaned out, so good deals on board games and smaller lego sets always are appreciated!

My DS2 is just about the same age as your DS and the Hot Wheels Garage is on his list. It is currently $78.99 on Target.com and there is a 20% off coupon.

My DS also wants Lego Junior and there are some good prices on Amazon right now:
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_2_11?url=search-alias%3Dtoys-and-games&field-keywords=lego+junior&sprefix=Lego+junior%2Caps%2C180&crid=TVW0LCZ2R9HH

sf333
10-31-2016, 03:17 PM
DD asked for a Hatchimal. They are sold out everywhere. Target's site said my local store had some so I called today and was told I was the 10th person calling about them. Good luck to me....

urquie
10-31-2016, 03:30 PM
DD asked for a Hatchimal. They are sold out everywhere. Target's site said my local store had some so I called today and was told I was the 10th person calling about them. Good luck to me....

Any idea what the regular MSR price is? Amazon seems to have some very inflated prices!

sf333
10-31-2016, 03:36 PM
Any idea what the regular MSR price is? Amazon seems to have some very inflated prices!

I know they do, it's crazy. I believe it's $49.99 or $59.99.

JanBaby
10-31-2016, 04:01 PM
I never, ever thought I would be in the market for a ride on vehicle but DS is desperate for this one: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Yamaha-Raptor-ATV-12-Volt-Battery-Powered-Ride-On/19801341?sourceid=csesh01c07d5f32ed78470fad11d570f 45d2d85&wmlspartner=shoppingcom&affcmpid=1896222022&tmode=0000&bcfg=e1eae9ab1a1fbbd5759eeeec89449629&veh=cse

Are there any deals on these things? He has to have a blue ATV. Does Walmart run the 20% off toys like Target does?

keh602
10-31-2016, 05:50 PM

Yeah, Target shows the original price as $59.99 and a sale price of $49.99.

DD mentioned wanting one of these a while back. I guess I need to find out how serious she was about that.

ray7694
10-31-2016, 09:35 PM
$60 for a stuffed hatchimal seemed steep to me and now ebayers have snatched them up. I'm thinking we will be passing on this hot item.

tropicalmom
11-01-2016, 11:07 AM
Is it too early to start the wish list thread? It is one of my favorites each year. I always get good ideas from others :)

Doll clothes armoire
Flat iron
Camping hammock for dh
Puppy/kitty in my pocket stuff
Find It games

Folica has deal on flat irons 25% off site wide and 30% off Sedu

jam224
11-01-2016, 11:26 AM

For the Yeti cooler, have you looked at RTIC? They have coolers that look identical to the Yeti for a more reasonable price: https://www.rticcoolers.com/. For board games, Target is having a buy 2, get 1 free sale this week. And Target, Toys R Us, and Amazon seem to be having good deals on various Lego sets, so maybe just check to see if what you want is on sale and do a price comparison. I've seen several sets at 20% off on sale, which I think is pretty good!

I've heard of people finding them at their Barnes & Noble stores, if you have one local to you. Might be worth checking out.

$60 for a stuffed hatchimal seemed steep to me and now ebayers have snatched them up. I'm thinking we will be passing on this hot item.
I also thought the price was steep! Nope, this toy isn't on our wish list this year.

Tenasparkl
11-01-2016, 01:48 PM
Yeah, Target shows the original price as $59.99 and a sale price of $49.99.

DD mentioned wanting one of these a while back. I guess I need to find out how serious she was about that.

I saw a few on the shelf at Target today and grabbed them for 49.99 each. It seemed like more holiday toys were getting unpacked onto the shelves.

AlbrightRC
11-01-2016, 03:02 PM
Considering osmo for my 8 year old..anyone know anything about it?

jam224
11-01-2016, 03:20 PM

We just started playing with it last month with our 5yo! We like it! It's been a lot of fun. So far, we've done the Tangrams, Numbers, Words, and I just briefly used the Masterpiece function the other night to trace out a Zootopia paw popsicle for a last-minute Nick Wilde costume (turned out GREAT!). I have the Coding kit, but we haven't used it yet. I snagged them during the B&N 40% off sale back in September.

logan's mom
11-01-2016, 03:34 PM

We bought OSMO several years ago when it was first launched because we ordered it in pre-production, we paid $50. I love it and we have used it a ton. My boys are now 5 and 7. My 5 year old plays it the most. He has been able to get through more of the levels on the Numbers game and Newton than I would have thought he could. My seven year old plays with it some but not as much. I wanted to get the 7 year old coding but I think I am going to get him BLOXELS instead. My 5 year old wants the board that goes with Masterpiece and the Pizza Game but will probably only get one. I would worry a little that it wouldn't hold your 8 year old's attention but my 7 year old only sits still to play Minecraft and otherwise he is outside.

RiverRat
11-01-2016, 06:02 PM

We can still find them in stores in a Canada if you live near the border :)

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains mobile app

jamiechic
11-01-2016, 08:53 PM
My almost 4 yr old LOVES the silly picture pages in Ladybug magazine. Any games or books that feature the same kind of thing?

Mommaof3
11-02-2016, 09:31 AM

They are sold out around me, however my sister in Southern CA was able to send me two from a Target out there.

Ms B
11-02-2016, 09:59 AM
For the Yeti cooler, have you looked at RTIC? They have coolers that look identical to the Yeti for a more reasonable price: https://www.rticcoolers.com/.

Thanks for the tip on these. I have sent the link over to DH to see if he likes them. If he is on board, we also may get soft-sided ones for presents for the units and the ILs this year. That may solve not only the present dilemma, but the problem of MIL bringing food to our house in her Thirty-One Cooler that has thawed by the time they arrive. Yech. (Although the problem may be that they do not use enough ice, which is beyond my control).

ray7694
11-02-2016, 02:10 PM
Any online trackers that notify when hatchimal is in stock?

Liziz
11-02-2016, 03:50 PM

Ha, or if you're travelling to Europe I'm seeing them here for reasonable prices and there's tons of them! (It's funny because I didn't realize it was a "hot" gift back in the States, but I was actually wondering today (while seeing lots of US toys in the store here) if it would be easier or harder to find "hot" gifts over here. )

mmsmom
11-02-2016, 05:48 PM

Stockinformer is tracking them but the alarm feature does not work with Apple products

Daphnecita
11-02-2016, 08:05 PM

ETA: Sorry, false alarm. I looked this morning and was able to put one in my cart, but now they are all showing as out of stock.

Not sure if you're looking for it be in stock at a specific place but there are several in stock right now at target.com with FS and FR (either ship it back for free or return in store) and there is a 20% off code KIDSGIFTS that brings the price down from $49.99 to approx $40 shipped with free returns. 2% back on ebates

lauren3110
11-03-2016, 11:51 PM
Thanks for the tip on these. I have sent the link over to DH to see if he likes them. If he is on board, we also may get soft-sided ones for presents for the units and the ILs this year. That may solve not only the present dilemma, but the problem of MIL bringing food to our house in her Thirty-One Cooler that has thawed by the time they arrive. Yech. (Although the problem may be that they do not use enough ice, which is beyond my control).

We just got a RTIC soft side cooler last week. Haven't used it yet but the reviews were good and it seems well made.

liz
11-04-2016, 08:25 AM
Looks like the big gift this year for the kids will be an XBOX, so looking for deals. I'll be looking for games too, Star Wars Lego The Force Awakens, one of the Forza driving games and maybe a sports game. Wondering if Black Friday will be the best time?

jam224
11-04-2016, 09:01 AM
Looks like the big gift this year for the kids will be an XBOX, so looking for deals. I'll be looking for games too, Star Wars Lego The Force Awakens, one of the Forza driving games and maybe a sports game. Wondering if Black Friday will be the best time?
Does Target have the video games you need? Because they're doing a buy 2, get 1 free promo this week: http://www.target.com/c/video-games/-/N-5xtg5Z55e69?lnk=buy2videogamesg&type=products. You might be able to stack that with the 10% off wishlist app code (I don't remember the exclusions).

Charlie
11-04-2016, 09:35 AM

I saw that the Kohls Black Friday ad was released. They are going to have the Xbox Minecraft bundle for $250 plus get $75 back in Kohls Cash. There is also a PlAyStation bundle for the same amount.

liz
11-04-2016, 11:01 AM
Does Target have the video games you need? Because they're doing a buy 2, get 1 free promo this week: http://www.target.com/c/video-games/-/N-5xtg5Z55e69?lnk=buy2videogamesg&type=products. You might be able to stack that with the 10% off wishlist app code (I don't remember the exclusions).

Thanks, I'll look into that.

I saw that the Kohls Black Friday ad was released. They are going to have the Xbox Minecraft bundle for $250 plus get $75 back in Kohls Cash. There is also a PlAyStation bundle for the same amount.

Yes! I saw this on SD, but thanks for posting this! I am on the fence since it's a 500gb. I posted in the Lounge wondering if I should get a 1TB version. This is a veeerrrry tempting offer though!

Zoey187
11-04-2016, 02:36 PM

Were did you see the ad? The Xbox Minecraft bundle is on our list! Was wondering if that was in store or online. Thanks in advance.

Charlie
11-04-2016, 02:39 PM
Were did you see the ad? The Xbox Minecraft bundle is on our list! Was wondering if that was in store or online. Thanks in advance.

If you go to the Kohls website, there is a tab in the upper right hand corner to preview the ad, and the bundle is on the first page. HTH!

mmsmom
11-04-2016, 03:52 PM
Hatchimals website has a message now that basically says stores will receive shipments in November but they expect them to sell out quickly then it will be January before they have more stock. Why oh why must one DC want a hard to get item every year! DD said a few weeks ago that a Hatchimal was what she wanted most after looking through the Toys R Us catalog. I should have learned my lesson & gone out that very minute to buy one. So although I said I would not overpay for one I just got one off eBay for $89. I will keep telling myself the extra $30 is worth it to save me time and hassle and worry but overpaying kills me! And I had to pay shipping...the horror!

ray7694
11-04-2016, 11:59 PM
The sad part is they will sell out to eBay sellers who will double the price. I'm not spending that for a stuffed animal. I don't understand why all the toy ads have it on the front page yet they obviously have horrible inventory.

Tondi G
11-05-2016, 12:28 AM
Thanks, I'll look into that.

Yes! I saw this on SD, but thanks for posting this! I am on the fence since it's a 500gb. I posted in the Lounge wondering if I should get a 1TB version. This is a veeerrrry tempting offer though!

You want the 1TB Xbox.

liz
11-06-2016, 02:58 PM
Can anyone recommend a particular swim bag for me? I'll pass on the info to DH :)

MomtoNico
11-07-2016, 10:24 AM
Anki? best price? Thanks

IansMom
11-07-2016, 10:28 AM
Could someone recommend a metal detector? DS1 added this to his list.

Charlie
11-07-2016, 10:48 AM
Could someone recommend a metal detector? DS1 added this to his list.

I don't have a recommendation but did see one at Costco (I like buying stuff I'm not sure about from there given the return policy). It was pricey though- about $95.

Ms B
11-07-2016, 11:10 AM

New Ugg Coquettes for me

Update: I got a pair of the black leopard ones from Shoes.com for $62 with free shipping before tax or 5% cash back from ebates. They still have them left in size 11 if that is what you need. Also, Nordstrom Rack has the snake pattern in size 6 and the leopard with light fleece in size 5, 6, or 7 for $79.97. Don't forget ebates or your Nordstrom Rewards points; they currently have free shipping for orders over $100 and a lot of good stuff on clearance (including a number of Raymond Weil watches for half off or more, go figure).

Also, I am loving this thread where everyone is helping each other -- it just shows why the BBB is so great!

lizzywednesday
11-07-2016, 12:42 PM
DH and I are watching the Wonder Workshop DASH robot for DD.

Current retail is ~$149.99, but I could've sworn I saw it on Amazon this past Saturday for ~$120 (D'oh!)

If it's not on any "Hot Toys" lists, I may be able to wait for it to come down a bit.

jamiechic
11-07-2016, 02:15 PM

Current retail is ~$149.99, but I could've sworn I saw it on Amazon this past Saturday for ~$120 (D'oh!)

If it's not on any "Hot Toys" lists, I may be able to wait for it to come down a bit.

It was $120 this weekend. I'd set up an alert on camel.
http://camelcamelcamel.com/Wonder-Workshop-DA01-Dash-Robot/product/B00SKURVKY

lizzywednesday
11-07-2016, 08:31 PM
It was $120 this weekend. I'd set up an alert on camel.
http://camelcamelcamel.com/Wonder-Workshop-DA01-Dash-Robot/product/B00SKURVKY

I know.

I'm kicking myself for not pushing DH to buy it because she played with it at the B&N Mini Maker Fair and LOVED it.

It's something she can grow into and I see a lot of play potential. D'oh!

liz
11-11-2016, 05:22 PM
DH never asks for anything. This year he saw this Hallmark tree topper and told me he would really love to get it for Christmas. I cannot find it anywhere! Please help. The website says it's sold out online. I contacted my local Hallmark store and they cannot locate one. If anyone finds one please let me know

https://www.hallmark.com/ornaments/keepsake-ornaments/star-wars-death-star-tree-topper-with-lights-9995QXI3554.html

eta, I see some on ebay but I can't justify $170+ for an ornament

jam224
11-11-2016, 05:28 PM
DH never asks for anything. This year he saw this Hallmark tree topper and told me he would really love to get it for Christmas. I cannot find it anywhere! Please help. The website says it's sold out online. I contacted my local Hallmark store and they cannot locate one. If anyone finds one please let me know

https://www.hallmark.com/ornaments/k...95QXI3554.html

The url link is broken for me. Can you try reposting?

LBW
11-11-2016, 05:35 PM
I know.

I'm kicking myself for not pushing DH to buy it because she played with it at the B&N Mini Maker Fair and LOVED it.

It's something she can grow into and I see a lot of play potential. D'oh!

I'm pretty sure it sold out close to the holidays last year, so keep that in mind.

Charlie
11-11-2016, 05:59 PM
Any recommendations for portable dvd player? Ideally I would get 2 - one for each kid so a deal would be great. Our old one conked out and the kids don't seem to like watching stuff on tablets :shrug:

liz
11-11-2016, 06:07 PM
The url link is broken for me. Can you try reposting?

oops, fixed it. this is the item: https://www.hallmark.com/ornaments/keepsake-ornaments/star-wars-death-star-tree-topper-with-lights-9995QXI3554.html

mmsmom
11-11-2016, 07:23 PM
Anki? best price? Thanks

I am watching it on Camel Camel Camel. Lowest price was $119. TRU had a coupon for a $25 gift card with $100 purchase which I should have done but it is now expired. It may have not been eligible though if it was classified as a video game. TRU does have buy one get one 50% for accessories.

meira
11-11-2016, 07:58 PM
All 3 of my girls are asking for Fitbits for Hanukkah. Any suggestions of which type would be best (ages 7, 9 and 11) and where to get the best price? Thanks

jgenie
11-11-2016, 10:18 PM
All 3 of my girls are asking for Fitbits for Hanukkah. Any suggestions of which type would be best (ages 7, 9 and 11) and where to get the best price? Thanks

S/O - I'm planning to give DS1 my Fitbit and buy one of the waterproof versions for myself. Does anyone have any experience with the knock off bands for the Fitbit Alta. My band is burgundy but I want a black be for DS1. TIA

lizzywednesday
11-12-2016, 12:04 PM
I'm pretty sure it sold out close to the holidays last year, so keep that in mind.

Yes, I seem to recall that last year as well. It was on the TODAY show's "hot toys" list or somesuch, which always impacts demand!

For now, we'll wait a bit. If it comes down a bit, great. If not, we'll figure it out.

elbenn
11-12-2016, 12:19 PM
We are on the hunt for bargains for a strider balance bike, micro mini scooter, a small bounce house, and iPad mini 4 (preferably 128 but may do 64 if the bargain is significant)

Check out Kohls with a coupon code for a small bounce house. They have good prices with the codes.

elbenn
11-12-2016, 12:21 PM
This foot massager is on my list for Christmas. If anyone sees it on a lightning deal, please post!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0143X748U/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A19I0CSWNK5NUZ#customerReviews

jam224
11-12-2016, 03:20 PM
This foot massager is on my list for Christmas. If anyone sees it on a lightning deal, please post!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0143X748U/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A19I0CSWNK5NUZ#customerReviews

Here's a tip! If you have the Amazon app on your phone, add it to your Wish List. I've noticed that Amazon will send me a notification whenever something on my Wish List is on Lightning Deal. This is a HUGE time saver because Amazon will ramp up their number of LDs as we get closer to Black Friday & Cyber Monday.

Reader
11-12-2016, 05:07 PM
Here's a tip! If you have the Amazon app on your phone, add it to your Wish List. I've noticed that Amazon will send me a notification whenever something on my Wish List is on Lightning Deal. This is a HUGE time saver because Amazon will ramp up their number of LDs as we get closer to Black Friday & Cyber Monday.

That's a great tip! I'll be updating my kids' wish lists to keep track. Thanks!

lizzywednesday
11-15-2016, 09:54 AM
Thanks everyone for reminding me about CamelCamelCamel - we snagged Dash for $105 on Amazon.

chlobo
11-15-2016, 10:23 AM
Is there a place where you can track non physical things? Like I want a visit to an escape room. Or an arts & craft party. Where can I track those so loved ones can see it?

jam224
11-15-2016, 10:39 AM
Is there a place where you can track non physical things? Like I want a visit to an escape room. Or an arts & craft party. Where can I track those so loved ones can see it?

Do you mean like an online wish list? Maybe Elfster? https://www.elfster.com/ Although I think you can add experience type activities to your Amazon Wish List too, but you have to type it in as an idea. On the desktop site at the top of the Wish List, there's a text box that says, "Save an idea. Shop for it later." Or if there's a website for your experience, you can try their add-on extension to add the url to your Wish List: https://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/universal.

Kymberley
11-15-2016, 12:46 PM

https://www.hallmark.com/ornaments/keepsake-ornaments/star-wars-death-star-tree-topper-with-lights-9995QXI3554.html

Sent you a PM

candaceb
11-15-2016, 01:48 PM

Amazon will let you add things from external web sites to their wish lists if you put an extension in your browser.

hwin708
11-16-2016, 12:44 PM

http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/jgsv/

lauren3110
11-23-2016, 10:59 AM
I can't remember who was looking for bookshttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161123/00e140fa9794466c7cb33643eef06c6e.jpg

Zoey187
11-25-2016, 05:35 PM
I'm lo king for the best deal on a baby doll for an almost two year old girl. My DD loves her babies and I'm thinking of getting her one for Christmas that has a bottle and maybe diapers. No baby alive dolls as they seem to scare her (and me!)

jamiechic
11-25-2016, 06:29 PM
I'm lo king for the best deal on a baby doll for an almost two year old girl. My DD loves her babies and I'm thinking of getting her one for Christmas that has a bottle and maybe diapers. No baby alive dolls as they seem to scare her (and me!)

I got my daughter a Corolle Calin before son was born. She was shy of 2. It's been well loved and am actually giving my son one this year. He's almost 2. They're not inexpensive, but perfect size and feel for a little one.

Liziz
11-26-2016, 08:21 AM

Check out Etsy -- I saw this one on there: https://www.etsy.com/listing/491644777/star-wars-christmas-death-star-tree?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=death%20star%20tree%20topper&ref=sr_gallery_1

Last year I couldn't get the Hallmark ornament I wanted and found something similar on Etsy that was awesome, and much less expensive.

Liziz
11-26-2016, 08:23 AM
I got my daughter a Corolle Calin before son was born. She was shy of 2. It's been well loved and am actually giving my son one this year. He's almost 2. They're not inexpensive, but perfect size and feel for a little one.

I second the recommendation for Calin. I actually thought it was quite expensive for a small child's baby doll, but I'm so glad we got it. I got it for my DD when she was 1, and she LOVES it. It's perfect size for her, perfect cuddly-ness -- it's great. My 4.5 year old older daughter also loves it, so it's not something she'll outgrow quickly. The quality is amazing; WAY better than other dolls we've seen....and it's not creepy like so many are!

liz
11-26-2016, 09:20 AM
Check out Etsy -- I saw this one on there: https://www.etsy.com/listing/491644777/star-wars-christmas-death-star-tree?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=death%20star%20tree%20topper&ref=sr_gallery_1

Last year I couldn't get the Hallmark ornament I wanted and found something similar on Etsy that was awesome, and much less expensive.

Thanks for posting! I also posted my OP in the Lounge and a few BBB'ers were able to point me in the right direction to buy the tree topper. I never think to look at Etsy though, but I'll keep that in mind for the future, thanks :)

Mirthful
11-26-2016, 05:41 PM

Here are two (probably discontinued) micro mini scooter colorways on sale for $45- one is lime green/turquoise, the other is pink/purple.

http://www.microkickboard.com/micro-mini-scooter

Corie
11-26-2016, 08:50 PM
I never think to look at Etsy though, but I'll keep that in mind for the future, thanks :)

Etsy is always my go-to place. I spend way too much money on Etsy.

tarnator
11-27-2016, 02:29 AM
Just thought of something - kids would love a karaoke machine! Let me know if you have any recommendations!

elmojessi
11-27-2016, 09:54 AM

This is $120 at Best Buy right now.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/wonder-workshop-dash-robot-turquoise/5253402

jamiechic
11-27-2016, 03:44 PM
Need gift ideas for daycare teachers. Have 4 to buy for -- women and men.

Charlie
11-27-2016, 04:05 PM
Need gift ideas for daycare teachers. Have 4 to buy for -- women and men.

Gift cards are your best bet. Target is having 10% off gift cards on 12/4. Or else check out Costco for gift card deals.

abh5e8
11-27-2016, 05:08 PM
Any deals on Lego mindstorm ev3? Would love to get this for ds2, but not loving the $350 price tag.

jamiechic
11-27-2016, 05:29 PM
Gift cards are your best bet. Target is having 10% off gift cards on 12/4. Or else check out Costco for gift card deals.

Thanks, that's been my default, but I hadn't seen the Target deal!

Zoey187
11-28-2016, 11:30 AM
Thinking about a Green Egg for DH. Does anyone know if they even offer cyber Monday deals on these?

frugalmom
11-28-2016, 12:15 PM
Thanks, that's been my default, but I hadn't seen the Target deal!

Does 15% off work on Giftcards today?

I am looking for the lowest priced big screen tv. A 55 or above. I would love more than a 55 inch.

nc_hope
12-01-2016, 03:18 PM
Would like to get a Patagonia Better Sweater for DH. So far I've found the size/color combination he wants at Patagonia.com, Moosejaw, and Backcountry. Anybody know of any discount codes for those sites or know of somewhere else that carries it with a discount?

ourbabygirl
12-01-2016, 04:15 PM
Have you tried Sierra Trading Post or 6pm? Otherwise, maybe Amazon Warehouse Deals. I would check Retailmenot for coupon codes, or get on their e-mail lists for at least a 10% discount.

Ms B
12-01-2016, 04:33 PM

Durand corkscrew for DH

Ok, update.
Sonos is done (Black Friday deal thru Sonos)
One hoodie done at Costco (TMNT - The Biscuit fell in love with it and has worn it every day since we bought it, so that's a win).
Not buying The Biscuit a vest - two weeks ago he decided he did not like vests any more (and that's five year old logic for you, folks!)
Glasses located at Wine Enthusiast; currently angling for a good promo code.
Hot Wheels acquired (Target sale last weekend)
Holding off on the Legos - Got a good deal on the Playskool Millenium Falcon set that The Biscuit will love
Got customized Tervis cups on really good sale instead of Harry and David for all of the grandparents.

That leaves:

Durand corkscrew for DH. Best deal seems to be Wine Enthusiast when they have a coupon.
One more hoodie with full front zips for The Biscuit in size 6
Maybe a full size Yeti cooler if we can find a screaming deal. I looked at the RTIC coolers, but the reviews are mixed.

And now I need:

Deal on Homegoods gift certificate for housekeeper (her favorite)
Deal on iTunes giftcards for the younger babysitters
Ideas for gifts for my assistant. Last year I got her a bottle of wine, a heated footrest (she is ALWAYS cold), and an Amazon gift card. This year I am thinking about going for a four pack of wine, but any other ideas? Total tab should be around $100.
Ideas for gifts for my other assistant. I usually get him a couple nice Davidoff cigars; is that still my best bet? He already has a nice cigar case and cigar cutter that I bought him a number of years ago when he worked for me at a prior job.

Thoughts?

Zoey187
12-01-2016, 05:34 PM
Best soccer net and ball for DS'S who will be 8 and 5. They are not super sporty but like playing in the yard with DH.

Also looking for outside hockey stuff. We live in FL and not really sure why DS'S want this but they keep talking about it!

oneplustwo
12-01-2016, 09:32 PM
Best soccer net and ball for DS'S who will be 8 and 5. They are not super sporty but like playing in the yard with DH.

Also looking for outside hockey stuff. We live in FL and not really sure why DS'S want this but they keep talking about it!

My kids really liked the 6x4 Franklin Soccer Rebounder at that age: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00004NKIQ/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1 It's currently at a good price too ($37.59) ~ anything below $40 is really good IMO.

jgenie
12-01-2016, 10:34 PM
My kids really liked the 6x4 Franklin Soccer Rebounder at that age: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00004NKIQ/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1 It's currently at a good price too ($37.59) ~ anything below $40 is really good IMO.

:yeahthat: Ours is three years old and still going strong.

elbenn
12-01-2016, 10:52 PM

Yesterday, SD had a deal for hockeymonkey where you could buy one stick and get the second stick free. Check out SD for this deal.

jamiechic
12-02-2016, 10:23 PM
Any suggestions for good men's winter gloves? In upper Midwest so need something warm!

elbenn
12-02-2016, 10:44 PM
Any suggestions for good men's winter gloves? In upper Midwest so need something warm!

Check out Lands End. I think they have 40-50% off everything.

wallawala
12-03-2016, 04:32 PM
Girls active wear leggings with hidden pockets in the side seams- like these:
http://www.target.com/p/women-s-embrace-high-waist-leggings-black-c9-champion/-/A-50929292
Color doesn't matter! But no zippers. She doesn't want a traditional pocket like jeans- the "stealth pocket" only :)

Only ones I can find in girls sizes are at athleta girl- and I can't spend more on her leggings than mine!
DD is only 41lbs with 19inch waist- generally an XS to S in girls clothing, so no way will a womens legging work for her.

SnuggleBuggles
12-03-2016, 04:49 PM

Head to Costco. We get great gloves there.

hillview
12-03-2016, 05:02 PM

totally!!

jamiechic
12-04-2016, 05:34 PM

Thanks for the suggestions! Wish we had a Costco. I think I'm going to look at Lands End and Eddie Bauer and see what I can find.

Have a few more items on my list and no good source:

Anyone know where to find men's big and tall snap front shirts. I can find some that are considered "western" shirts, but would like to find something more plain in style.

Also need a women's plus sized plain black hoodie sweatshirt.

geochick
12-04-2016, 10:47 PM
Thinking about a Green Egg for DH. Does anyone know if they even offer cyber Monday deals on these?

Did you buy one? My dh bought one this year - he's glad he got the XL.

Zoey187
12-05-2016, 11:23 PM
Not yet! I'm still on the fence about getting one!

essnce629
12-06-2016, 05:06 AM
Anyone seen any deals on the Nest Protect Smoke & Carbon Monoxide Alarm (2nd gen)? I have one and need another one. The hard wired one. It's normally $99.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

gobadgers
12-06-2016, 10:34 AM
DS needs a good alarm clock, and I was thinking of getting him an Echo Dot. I thought there was a discount around Thanksgiving, but now I see they are $50. Did I miss the boat?

lauren3110
12-08-2016, 12:24 AM

Check out Pit Barrel as another option. They are made near me and my husband has one. Best meat you have ever had. Everything comes off restaurant quality or better! A portion of their sales goes to funds for veterans.

essnce629
12-08-2016, 03:32 AM
DS needs a good alarm clock, and I was thinking of getting him an Echo Dot. I thought there was a discount around Thanksgiving, but now I see they are $50. Did I miss the boat?

Yes, they were $39.99 for the week of BF and Cyber Monday. I bought my 3rd one then (paid full price for the first two).

essnce629
12-08-2016, 03:37 AM

DH bought the ceramic grill at Costco a few years ago that's just like the Green Egg. He loves it! It looks like they still sell it. He paid $599.

http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1192348/new-knock-off-at-costco

Zoey187
12-08-2016, 10:08 AM
Check out Pit Barrel as another option. They are made near me and my husband has one. Best meat you have ever had. Everything comes off restaurant quality or better! A portion of their sales goes to funds for veterans.

My husband is a veteran so this would be awesome. I'm checking it out now! Thanks!

lauren3110
12-09-2016, 01:32 AM
My husband is a veteran so this would be awesome. I'm checking it out now! Thanks!

They may offer a discount for veterans as well