PDA

View Full Version : Latest iPhone update - help please

mackmama
10-18-2016, 12:42 AM
Just installed latest iPhone update. Now I'm getting a long preview of my email messages on my locked screen- which I do not want. I checked my settings and no preview is still checked. I've swiped right from my home screen to the new widget screen, and the mail widget is not enabled. Any suggestions?

SnuggleBuggles
10-18-2016, 08:09 AM
I don't have my mail being pushed so that's probably why I don't get that. Maybe turn off push notifications and just check your mail manually?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

khm
10-18-2016, 09:19 AM
Just installed latest iPhone update. Now I'm getting a long preview of my email messages on my locked screen- which I do not want. I checked my settings and no preview is still checked. I've swiped right from my home screen to the new widget screen, and the mail widget is not enabled. Any suggestions?

Settings > Notifications
select Messages
Mail (and text if applicable for those also)
disable Show Previews

I think it'll still show you HAVE an email, but not the content of it. (I don't have an iPhone, but I was helping my daughter and a co-worker.)

mackmama
10-18-2016, 11:55 AM
Settings > Notifications
select Messages
Mail (and text if applicable for those also)
disable Show Previews

I think it'll still show you HAVE an email, but not the content of it. (I don't have an iPhone, but I was helping my daughter and a co-worker.)

thank you. this is what i already did, but i'm still getting the long long previews where basically anyone who picks up my phone can read my mail.

mom2binsd
10-18-2016, 11:57 AM
Also, I've read you need to change the settings so that you phone will still search for wifi settings instead of using your data, I don't have an iphone but I've heard that as a complaint of the update.

mackmama
10-18-2016, 12:05 PM
Also, I've read you need to change the settings so that you phone will still search for wifi settings instead of using your data, I don't have an iphone but I've heard that as a complaint of the update.

I think they've released a fix to this issue.

If anyone has another ideas re my issue please let me know. Thx!

mmsmom
10-18-2016, 03:40 PM
Settings-Notifications-Mail

Turn off "show notifications on locked screen"

mackmama
10-18-2016, 03:43 PM
Settings-Notifications-Mail

Turn off "show notifications on locked screen"

You posted this right after I tried this, and it seems to have done it!
So for others looking for a fix for the same problem-
Settings-Notifications-Mail then turn off "allow notifications"