PDA

View Full Version : Hair Help- Ponytail

WitMom
10-18-2016, 05:14 PM
I am working on growing out my hair, and it is at a really awkward stage. I can (just barely) get it back into a ponytail, and that seems to be about the only thing i can do with it. How can I make a ponytail look more polished/professional/dressy, and not like I just left the gym?

barkley1
10-18-2016, 05:50 PM
I like to wrap a piece of hair around the ponytail holder and bobby pin in place if I want a little fancier option. Also, it looks more intentional to put that little "bump" on your crown, but I'm not good at it - my hair is so thick and heavy it never stays.

twowhat?
10-18-2016, 07:43 PM
I use a spider claw clip like this one - I pull my hair back into a low pony and just jam the raggedy ponytail stump into the clip and voila...low bun. It looks OK even if you have hairs randomly sticking out of it. When I want it to look smoother, I pull it back while it's damp. Which would be perfect for post-gym showers:) If your hair is really thin, I could see it not working well but if you have normal to thick hair it would work fine.

My hair is really thick so I use the giganto-spider claw clip but I've also seen them in "medium" sizes.