PDA

View Full Version : Tooth pain caused by sinuses?

Philly Mom
10-19-2016, 09:20 AM
I went to the dentist for a check up. I was convinced I was going to have my first cavity because I had been having pain in the upper left side of my mouth. It hurts to run, to bend over and stand up quickly, etc. Turns out teeth are great. Based on the pain location, the dentist thinks it is sinus pain. I am not congested, but did have a bad cold a few weeks ago. Any thoughts of what I should try to do to relieve the pain or do I go to a doctor? Help please. This is painful and annoying.

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains mobile app

PZMommy
10-19-2016, 09:25 AM
I've had that before. I took sudafed for a few days (the real stuff you have to show id for). Even though I didn't feel congested, on the x-ray, the dentist could see a whole pocket of junk in my sinuses.

specialp
10-19-2016, 09:26 AM
Yes! This exact thing happened to DH just a month or 2 ago. He made a dental appointment convinced it was an bad tooth and the dentist really checked it out, but said it was sinus issue. DH had no congested but started a sinus rinse and nasacort and the pain went away in 1-2 days.

stinkyfeet
10-19-2016, 09:50 AM
I'm a dentist and see this situation pretty regularly.

I usually send these patients to their family physician or ENT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

marymoo86
10-19-2016, 09:50 AM
Is it a pressure feeling? I've had awesome luck with Olive Leaf Extract to rid sinus pressure/infection.

Mikey0709
10-19-2016, 09:53 AM
One Zyrtec a day helps me. I get both pain in my sinus's which affects my teeth, and also a feeling of one ear clogged. The Zyrtec helps keep both clear. I have also found if i continue with the zyrtec - i get less sinus infections.

DualvansMommy
10-19-2016, 10:03 AM
Zyrtec and my prescribed nasal spray works for me. Try using a OTC nasal spray in combo with zytrec or call in your pharmacy for stronger sudafed.

Philly Mom
10-19-2016, 10:56 AM
I take a nasal steroid every day and will add back in the rinse and probably try sudafed too. I am flying in a week so don't want to have issues there.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=87652)

maydaymommy
10-19-2016, 08:47 PM
I always get pain around top molars from sinus infections. 😩

belovedgandp
10-19-2016, 08:52 PM
Yep, I regularly have pain from sinus infections. Nasal rinsing, Nasacort and mucinex in some combination help the most for me.

Corie
10-19-2016, 08:58 PM
I had a really bad sinus infection a few months back and it felt like my teeth were going to fall out.

elizamom
10-20-2016, 09:26 AM
Is it a pressure feeling? I've had awesome luck with Olive Leaf Extract to rid sinus pressure/infection.

Can you explain what you do or provide a link? I'd like to try this.

Philly Mom
10-20-2016, 09:33 AM
Thanks everyone. I asked a doctor too. He gave me an antibiotic script. I am doing the rinse too.

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains mobile app

marymoo86
10-20-2016, 01:57 PM
Can you explain what you do or provide a link? I'd like to try this.

Just capsules - follow the directions until I feel better. Touted as "nature's antibiotic". I try to avoid most pharma meds unless absolutely necessary and this works wonders.

Nature's Way is the one I use. Just be sure it is 20% oleuropein.
http://www.naturesway.com/Product-Catalog/Olive-Leaf-20-60-Vcaps

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2013/01/23/healing-power-olive-leaf.html