PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have Sprint or CREDO as their mobile carrier?

citymama
10-19-2016, 01:39 PM
I'm seriously thinking of switching to CREDO as my mobile carrier after 12 years with ATT. I have a grandfathered plan with unlimited data that's hard to give up, but in truth I hardly use any data each month. CREDO has a promo that gives you a free iPhone SE or 6S if you switch with a 2-year contract. Given their support for good causes, I'm happy to do so - but I need to know how their coverage is in the Bay Area where I live, and the DC, NY and Denver areas where I travel to frequently for work. CREDO uses the Sprint network.

If anyone has CREDO or Sprint, could you let me know how happy you are with the coverage, especially in the Bay Area? How about customer service? Thanks for any feedback!

PZMommy
10-19-2016, 01:45 PM
I have had Sprint for 17 years now. I don't really have any complaints. Service has been fine, price is reasonable for unlimited data.

citymama
10-19-2016, 02:22 PM
I have had Sprint for 17 years now. I don't really have any complaints. Service has been fine, price is reasonable for unlimited data.

That's great, thanks - where are you located?

JBaxter
10-19-2016, 02:26 PM
I've had sprint for about 17 or 18 years. I've lived in north-west Maryland Columbia SC & now Gulf coast of Florida I have an old unlimited everything plan the coverage has always been decent I've traveled up and down the east coast and CA and the coverage has always been decent. DH does some limited international travel and we turn on the international for 1 month at a time when he does that.

khm
10-19-2016, 03:13 PM
I've had Sprint since the late 90s, at least. I know we had it when we were in the Bay Area (we had Sprint-Nextel with Direct Connect! Blast from the past.)

I've had it in the Bay Area, and two midwestern cities. It is fine in populated areas. We've also traveled via car to both coasts from the midwest. It did well, I'd say.

I know Sprint uses Verizon if necessary, but I don't know CREDO does. We use Ting for my husband's business and it ONLY uses Sprint, so that could be something to consider.

PZMommy
10-19-2016, 04:09 PM
That's great, thanks - where are you located?

I'm in the Los Angeles area.

mmommy
10-19-2016, 08:32 PM
I'm on CREDO. Switched from AT&T last year, also from a grandfathered unlimited data plan. I'm in NYC. Great coverage. Only time I've had trouble so far was when we were in the Berkshires recently. But nobody was getting coverage where we were.

kali
10-19-2016, 10:08 PM
We live in DC. After 15 years we finally dumped Sprint for Verizon and couldn't be happier. Sprint didn't work reliably on the Metro, we had more dropped calls, and data speeds were terrible. We had unlimited data with Sprint, but it what good is unlimited slow, spotty data?

Do you share your plan with your family? When DS (12) got a phone, our data usage significantly increased. So you might want to consider that before giving up your unlimited plan.

citymama
10-20-2016, 02:09 AM
Thanks all. Kali, the DC metro access is an interesting point. I used to have that trouble with older model iPhones had found a huge improvement when I upgraded phones. But BART and metro are places I want to have coverage for sure. I don't share my plan right now but DD1 is probably a year away from having her own phone. Good point!

pharmjenn
10-20-2016, 06:49 PM
I am in the SF East Bay and overall our coverage is good. We used to get a lot of dropped calls on certain specific areas (even on the freeways) but that has gotten better. When I visit Northern Virginia, my service is spotty and tend to use my fathers landline. My siblings all have verizon and they like it better than sprint, but I am also grandfathered for free unlimited calls and data, and with 3 phones we (well, I) use a lot of data.