PDA

View Full Version : Seaworld CA thanksgiving weekend busy????

ckso
10-21-2016, 05:52 PM
We're thinking of going to Seaworld the Saturday after Thanksgiving 11/26. Is it crazy crowded? Sunday is an option too but since Monday is a school day (and I live in LA), it would be so much better to go on Saturday

Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains mobile app

lmr1101
10-22-2016, 12:01 AM
My parents take my girls every year, either Friday or Saturday after Thanksgiving. We have annual passes so they just go for a few hours, but they never complain that it's too busy to have fun! Sunday would be slowest, but I think you'll be fine on Saturday too.

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains mobile app

California
10-22-2016, 12:41 AM
If your kids are hoping to go on rides, consider getting the front of the line passes. That way even if it is crowded they can still go on the major rides without much of a wait. Think you can buy them online before going. We've gone over Thanksgiving break before, but not on the weekend. The Christmas decorations and lights will be up. The park will most likely be open into the evening. If you can stay to see the Christmas lights at night, it's really beautiful! It does get cold in the late afternoon so bring layers.

ckso
10-22-2016, 12:44 PM
My parents take my girls every year, either Friday or Saturday after Thanksgiving. We have annual passes so they just go for a few hours, but they never complain that it's too busy to have fun! Sunday would be slowest, but I think you'll be fine on Saturday too.

Thanks! Can you ask your parents what it's like on a Saturday after thanksgiving? Is the ride lines really long and crazy packed where the snow area would be? It's scheduled to stay open late so I was wondering if that's indicative how crowded they anticipate to be.

Oh, and since you're pass holders, would love any tips you have :). (Trying to avoid paying extras for front of lines, etc)

TIA

ckso
10-22-2016, 12:48 PM
If your kids are hoping to go on rides, consider getting the front of the line passes. That way even if it is crowded they can still go on the major rides without much of a wait. Think you can buy them online before going. We've gone over Thanksgiving break before, but not on the weekend. The Christmas decorations and lights will be up. The park will most likely be open into the evening. If you can stay to see the Christmas lights at night, it's really beautiful! It does get cold in the late afternoon so bring layers.

We're going to avoid any rides that get us wet and it seems like most of their rides are like that. So I'm not sure if front of the line is worth it.

Thanks for the tip about the lights. Sounds awesome.

lmr1101
10-24-2016, 11:33 PM
Sorry, just coming back to this post... my girls are young so they don't really go on most rides, just the stuff in bay of play. If you get there at opening you can usually walk right on or have a short wait in the bay or play. Same with the snow area, my girls usually avoid most of the snow, but the lines aren't awful. They are always sure to sample the fun "winter" desserts in that area, but chicken out when it comes to playing in snow.
I wouldn't worry about the front of line passes, especially if your guys don't want to get wet.
We also don't buy the meal passes. It says not to bring in food, but they do let you bring in snacks, so we always do that.

Overall, it is going to be busy but not Disneyland busy ;).
Be sure to see the Shamu show. With all of the changes happening over the next few years make sure your kids get the chance to see these amazing creatures.

I could go on and on, I've had a season pass since I was a little kid! Feel free to message me with any questions.
Have fun!