PDA

View Full Version : Shampoo for oily hair?

DietCokeLover
10-25-2016, 10:33 AM
DD tends toward oilier hair. Can anyone recommend a good shampoo for her?

123LuckyMom
10-25-2016, 12:06 PM
I know this is counterintuitive, but I'd suggest you stop using shampoo except maybe right at her scalp. I used to have oily hair, but I also used to wash my hair every day, sometimes twice a day, and I think my scalp was over producing oils to keep up with the washing. Now I use a paraben, silicone, chemical sulfate free shampoo just on my actual head, not really on my hair. Then I use a similarly free of stuff conditioner on the hair below my ears and sometimes near the crown of my head. My hair is super healthy, and I can go 2-3 days before my hair starts to get greasy. It did take about 3 weeks for my scalp to regulate, but it was so worth it! I've been using Kiehl's sunflower shampoo and either the sunflower conditioner or Deva One conditioner. (My hair is color treated.) I tend to change up shampoos and conditioners every few weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains mobile app

KrystalS
10-25-2016, 02:46 PM
My DD has oily hair and I just bought her Paul Mitchell Tea Tree shampoo that was recommended to me. It's been working great. She uses conditioner just on the ends, not her scalp. She washes her hair every 2-3 days.
My hair is very dry so I use hydrating shampoo. When her hair started looking greasy I had no idea what to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk