PDA

View Full Version : Play room table on a budget

trcy
10-25-2016, 06:26 PM
Anyone have any ideas for a nice table for DCs' playroom? Currently there is a 24in plastic square table. I would like something a little bigger and nicer. Would prefer wood over plastic. I would like it to be under $150, $200 tops. Everything I am seeing is either small or expensive. Perhaps, what I am looking for doesn't exist. But you guys are always so good with these challenges!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains mobile app

elbenn
10-25-2016, 09:15 PM
Have you checked Ikea? You might be able to paint one of theirs if you don't love the look of it.

ang79
10-25-2016, 10:15 PM
We have a Circo train table from Target that I found on clearance after Christmas one year that the girls still use for Legos or whatever other small toys they are playing with. We also have a wooden coffee table which is perfect height for them to sit on the ground and build Legos. So maybe widen your search to look for coffee tables? Or try used on Craigslist? Or are you looking for a kid size table and chairs? We had two when the girls were younger, one from a yardsale and one from Craigslist.

ExcitedMamma
10-26-2016, 11:52 AM
Have you checked Ikea? You might be able to paint one of theirs if you don't love the look of it.

:yeahthat: I forget the name of ours but they're great and super cheap.

Ok it's a Lack. Here's a picture of it and gives you an idea of size and storage. They had different sizes when we bought one for DS so there might be a bigger one too. It's been perfect and indestructible! I think it was like $50? We got it to replace the $200 train table from Kidkraft that was falling apart and it's been so much better. Wish I'd known about it in the first place.

http://centsationalgirl.com/2013/02/lego-meets-lack/

Mommy_Mea
10-26-2016, 01:25 PM
I am big on Craigslist for that kind of thing. I have a Pottery Barn Kids Carolina activity table that I got off Craigslist with 2 chairs for $150 in excellent condition.