PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have the sonicare kids toothbrush with bluetooth?

cilantromapuche
10-26-2016, 01:30 PM
I have lost years off my life cajoling my 10 yr. old to brush her teeth (and well). I wonder if this is the magic bullet? Anyone have it and love it??
http://www.costco.com/.product.100292997.html?&EMID=jobid

mnj77
10-26-2016, 01:39 PM
I just got it for DD this week! I didn't buy it specifically for the bluetooth feature, but now that I have it I'm thinking that this is the thing that's going to get DD (9) in the habit of brushing regularly. She's really bought into it and is enjoying tracking her brushing and getting the "prizes." It basically sets the kid up with a little creature, and you get accessories for the creature when you brush. I think she said if you brush twice a day for 19 days, you get a skate park or something for your creature, and she's really motivated to get it. I figure if she brushes twice a day for almost three weeks, she'll probably forget about the app but have the habit more cemented.

hillview
10-26-2016, 02:26 PM
I don't think at 10 you need the kids version unless you want the bells. I just got my boys the oral b $20 version works well.

knaidel
10-26-2016, 02:53 PM
my reluctant-teeth brushing kid (almost 9) loves the sonicare. he really needs to develop better brushing habits before we get him braces. My older kid (almost 12) isn't so excited by it.

cilantromapuche
10-26-2016, 03:34 PM
I already have the sonicare for the kids but I think (think?) that the bells and whistles would help. Also, the accountability. She lies about brushing her teeth and I am at my wits end because I tell her to do it for herself and not because I tell her to.

I wonder how long before the novelty wears off or she just turns it on to run it without brushing her teeth?