PDA

View Full Version : This website STILL has hacking issues?

twotimesblue
10-27-2016, 01:07 PM
It's been going on for months now, which is why I rarely log on anymore. Does anyone else have the: "Your computer is infected with multiple viruses!" spam sites load when they click on the 'community' button? I'm not sure if the site owners are aware, or if it's only affecting users in certain locations.

citymama
10-27-2016, 01:12 PM
I've noticed weird issues with the site that have persisted. Not as bad as a couple months ago, but not all clear yet. It's especially bad if you go through the main windsorpeak.com page and click on "community" - that sometimes takes me to weird sites - it's less buggy if go directly to the bookmarked forums.

TwinFoxes
10-27-2016, 01:21 PM
This hasn't happened to me at all. I'll send a note to the Fields.

kristenk
10-27-2016, 01:26 PM
Wow! No experience with that at all. I even went to the main page and then clicked "community" to see if that would cause a problem. Nothing for me.

hwin708
10-27-2016, 01:27 PM
I haven't experienced anything like that

alandenisefields
10-27-2016, 01:41 PM
Hi there: Thanks for letting us know about this. We are having our techs check into it; meanwhile, if you can, please download and run Malwarebytes. It's a FREE legit adware/malware software scan:

https://www.malwarebytes.com/antimalware/mac/

(That is a the mac link; there is a PC version as well)

Please post any results you find!

Thanks!
Alan
Baby Bargains

khm
10-27-2016, 02:06 PM
Yeah, I think it is probably something on your machine.

I never had any issues here, but did on another similar site. I'd get popups for some rando search site.

I always use Chrome, but went back to IE for a few days and it didn't happen there. Maybe try a fresh install of an alternate browser for a few days?

I wiped Chrome back to its default settings and all was well.

I re-downloaded Extensions one at a time as I had need for them so I could tell if one of them was the problem.

I did lose my bookmarks and had to figure out how to get those back, so do export them out / back them up before you try this!

ETA - when I was having issues with the other similar site, the problems were ONLY on my machine. Not on any other device or work machine. So I do think you have malware or something going on.

JamiMac
10-27-2016, 02:27 PM
I've never experienced anything like that! I log in on multiple computers, an iPad and phone also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twotimesblue
10-27-2016, 03:15 PM
Hi there: Thanks for letting us know about this. We are having our techs check into it; meanwhile, if you can, please download and run Malwarebytes. It's a FREE legit adware/malware software scan:

https://www.malwarebytes.com/antimalware/mac/

(That is a the mac link; there is a PC version as well)

Please post any results you find!

Thanks!
Alan
Baby Bargains

Thank you for this! I haven't had issues with any other websites, only this one, and as a PP mentioned it only seems to happen when I click on the 'community' link vs going to a bookmarked page. I'll check out the malware site. Thanks again!

JBaxter
10-27-2016, 03:32 PM
nothing here either. I access on 3 devices.

AnnieW625
10-27-2016, 05:01 PM
I haven't had any issues since it was fixed the last time. I use Apple devices.

hillview
10-27-2016, 07:05 PM
It's likely your machine. The link the fields send is a good place to start.

mackmama
10-27-2016, 08:24 PM
I haven't had any further issues (Mac).

solsister
10-28-2016, 03:19 AM
Yep, me, too. Just this website, nowhere else. So while it might be on my machine, it's specific to this website, since they acknowledged it.