PDA

View Full Version : Favorite sports teams

AnnieW625
11-03-2016, 08:51 AM
Who are your favorite sports teams?
College Basketball: Syracuse
College Football: San Diego State, USC, and California
MLB: (Los Angeles) Angels (it has been almost 10 yrs. since the name change, but I never say Los Angeles Angels!)
MLS: don't follow soccer
NBA: Sacramento Kings (LA Clippers are a close second, but really anyone but the Lakers!)
NFL: SF 49ers
NHL: LA Kings (and really anyone who beats the Ducks!)

Feel free to add your own category if I missed something

Mommaof3
11-03-2016, 08:58 AM
Celtics
Patriots
Red Sox
Bruins

AnnieW625
11-03-2016, 10:07 AM
Celtics
Patriots
Red Sox
Bruins

A true Boston girl! I do follow the Red Sox a bit because Dustin Pedroia is from my hometown and I went to school with his cousin. I also sometimes like to watch the NHL Network show Behind the B (and I loved having Milan Lucic on the Kings even if it was only for a year)

Indianamom2
11-03-2016, 11:29 AM
Indianapolis Colts
St. Louis Cardinals
Notre Dame (college football/basketball)

DietCokeLover
11-03-2016, 12:12 PM
College Sports - Clemson and Arkansas
MLSoccer - Sporting Kansas City

I dont like most professional sports.

Mommaof3
11-03-2016, 12:13 PM
A true Boston girl! I do follow the Red Sox a bit because Dustin Pedroia is from my hometown and I went to school with his cousin. I also sometimes like to watch the NHL Network show Behind the B (and I loved having Milan Lucic on the Kings even if it was only for a year)

Yes I am! I have lived here my entire life! Love my teams. My sister lives in CA now but is still the biggest Red Sox fan :)

Tenasparkl
11-03-2016, 02:21 PM
NBA: Sacramento Kings (LA Clippers are a close second, but really anyone but the Lakers!)

Booooo! Kings and Clippers? Go Lakers!

mom2binsd
11-03-2016, 02:29 PM
Chicago Blackhawks

Chicago Cubs

MelissaTC
11-03-2016, 02:40 PM
College Football: Syracuse Go Orange!! ��, NC State
MLB: NY Mets
NFL: NY Giants
NHL: Carolina Hurricanes, NY Rangers

wendibird22
11-03-2016, 02:50 PM
Colts
SU basketball
Toronto Blue Jays
Sabres hockey

AnnieW625
11-03-2016, 03:08 PM
Booooo! Kings and Clippers? Go Lakers!

Yes I am not a fan, although I liked watching Pau Gasol play basketball (and Kobe was an awesome player), but the 2002 Western Conference Finals (http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/06/06/the-nba-s-greatest-ugliest-series.html) still leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

College Football: Syracuse Go Orange!! ��, NC State
MLB: NY Mets
NFL: NY Giants
NHL: Carolina Hurricanes, NY Rangers

Awesome another Orange fan! I haven't followed them as much for football recently, but I followed McNabb for his whole career (including basketball). I have had an itty bitty crush on the Carolina GM Ron Francis since he played with the Hartford Whalers in the 90s (when I started following hockey) :bag?

Twoboos
11-03-2016, 03:40 PM
Celtics
Patriots
Red Sox
Bruins

:yeahthat: :yay:

Obviously!!

carolinacool
11-03-2016, 03:41 PM
UNC Tar Heel basketball. I bleed Carolina blue. Nothing else even comes close. I follow all the guys on Twitter and Instagram, for goodness sake. lol

After that:
College football: UNC
NBA: Cavs (love LeBron)
NFL: Dallas (DH's team, but I'll ride with them)

Philly Mom
11-03-2016, 03:55 PM
When I was younger, I had teams I really loved:

Hockey: Devils
Baseball: Mets though I liked the Yankees too
Football: Giants
Basketball: Seton Hall

I have lived away from the NY metro area long enough that I like the philly teams, except the flyers, enough that it is fine if they do well. Makes the city happier but as I have grown older, I dislike American professional sports more and more.

I now have favorite rugby teams who I follow, know every player, obsess over but that isn't very applicable to this question.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=87652)

jam224
11-03-2016, 04:04 PM
I'm not a fan of most sports, but I do love college football! My team are the Buckeyes! I also have a soft spot for marching bands! 😊

AnnieW625
11-03-2016, 04:13 PM
When I was younger, I had teams I really loved:

Hockey: Devils
Baseball: Mets though I liked the Yankees too
Football: Giants
Basketball: Seton Hall

I have lived away from the NY metro area long enough that I like the philly teams, except the flyers, enough that it is fine if they do well. Makes the city happier but as I have grown older, I dislike American professional sports more and more.

I now have favorite rugby teams who I follow, know every player, obsess over but that isn't very applicable to this question

I almost put rugby down.....serious! It is a very interesting game to watch!

Philly Mom
11-03-2016, 04:25 PM
I almost put rugby down.....serious! It is a very interesting game to watch!

And it has made me dislike watching professional football and basketball.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=87652)

wencit
11-03-2016, 04:40 PM
49ers
49ers
49ers
49ers

Although I haven't liked watching them much lately. :(

AnnieW625
11-03-2016, 04:52 PM
49ers
49ers
49ers
49ers

Although I haven't liked watching them much lately. :(

Me neither! :(

lizzywednesday
11-03-2016, 05:37 PM
College: I bleed Rutgers Scarlet, but prefer the Women's Basketball team to the Men's side. The fact that they're so abysmal this year football-wise while Coach Ash gets his feet under him is kind of reassuring; it felt WEIRD to have a winning team. This year's team is much more normal.

Baseball: Trenton Thunder (MiLB) and Somerset Patriots (MiLB), though we sorta follow the Yankees, even if we're starting to prefer the Mets.

Football: I'm kinda done with the NFL right now, but DH is a long-suffering New York Jets fan.

NBA: New York Knicks (though I mostly watch to see what Clyde's wearing (https://clydesofly.com).)

MLS: Philadelphia Union (DD calls them "my Doops.")

NWSL: Sky Blue FC (our local women's pro soccer club)

NHL: NY Rangers and AZ Coyotes, which will make our next trip out West a little funny - the Rangers are playing the Coyotes while we're out there.

Ultimately, I'm not really a huge sports fan, though I do enjoy going to games because the fanbases are really passionate. Hockey and soccer games are probably my favorites right now, though I have a soft spot for Rutgers games.

smilequeen
11-03-2016, 05:47 PM
NHL...Blues
MLB...Cardinals
NFL...is dead to me, so corrupt...but DS1 loves the Panthers
NBA...not really my thing, but we follow the Raptors a bit since DH is from Toronto
College football...Northwestern
College basketball...don't follow except for championships
MLS...don't follow, but we'll probably have a team soon and I'll see what happens

ArizonaGirl
11-03-2016, 07:24 PM
MLB the Diamondbacks
NFL the Cardinals
Basketball bores me

College sports, ASU Sun Devil's.

GO DEVIL'S.

citymama
11-04-2016, 04:35 AM
Baseball is all I really follow.
I support the Giants, Red Sox and As, in that order!

ett
11-04-2016, 09:21 AM
Celtics
Patriots
Red Sox
Bruins

:yeahthat:

MelissaTC
11-04-2016, 09:33 AM
Awesome another Orange fan! I haven't followed them as much for football recently, but I followed McNabb for his whole career (including basketball). I have had an itty bitty crush on the Carolina GM Ron Francis since he played with the Hartford Whalers in the 90s (when I started following hockey) :bag?

I went to school there. The love runs deep.

And our season tickets for Carolina were right under the owner's box. Ron called M over on several occasions to give him an autographed puck. That man is so handsome with his silver hair!! I think he looks better now in his early 50's. I've run into him and have acted like a fool. He must think I'm nuts!!

khalloc
11-04-2016, 09:42 AM
Celtics
Patriots
Red Sox
Bruins

I grew up in Boston, so... :yeahthat:

AnnieW625
11-04-2016, 10:07 AM
I went to school there. The love runs deep.

And our season tickets for Carolina were right under the owner's box. Ron called M over on several occasions to give him an autographed puck. That man is so handsome with his silver hair!! I think he looks better now in his early 50's. I've run into him and have acted like a fool. He must think I'm nuts!!

I started following Syracuse when I would babysit in high school and there was nothing on but college basketball (and a little bit of hockey....usually the Red Wings on NBC) and the Orange were the underdog against UConn in the Big East Tournament in 92 or 93 and I just kept following them. I thought about going to school there after I found out they had a great broadcasting program, but my sat scores were awful and so I most likely wouldn't have qualified for any type of merit scholarship (which would have been required) and I honestly wasn't sure I wanted to move across the country for college.

Now I am really swooning over Ron Francis :love5::love-retry: (and I have always been attracted to men 10-15 yrs. older) and consider yourself lucky to live in a place where you can afford tickets under the owners box; I don't event want to consider what those would cost at Staples.