PDA

View Full Version : weekend fun: what is/are your kids favorite movie?

AnnieW625
11-05-2016, 12:01 AM
Dd1's is Miracle, and Dd2's is any of the Kung Fu Panda movies

trcy
11-05-2016, 06:23 AM
DD, 5: Inside Out and The Minions

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)

jgenie
11-05-2016, 06:26 AM
Popular Mechanics for kids

SnuggleBuggles
11-05-2016, 09:21 AM
I think ds2's might be Tangled. He's out of the phase of watching movies over and over again but that is one he often pulls out on sick days, rainy days... I love that one so it works for me.

Ds1 "doesn't like movies". They are 'too long".

lizzywednesday
11-05-2016, 12:46 PM
Depends on the week!

Right now, we're watching a lot of Zootopia and The Little Mermaid, but that could change at any time.

gymnbomb
11-05-2016, 01:15 PM
Planes Fire & Rescue and Finding Nemo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

klwa
11-05-2016, 01:20 PM
DD2 is loving any of the Barbie movies. Mainly The new Starlight Adventures and Pony Tale. DD1 still loves Descendants and the new Adventures in Babysitting. DS likes Ghostbusters (old & new), but I don't know if they're favorites or just most recent.

jam224
11-05-2016, 02:00 PM
DD is 5 and loves Big Hero Six! 😊

petesgirl
11-05-2016, 02:26 PM
Not really a movie, but my DS is really into the Berenstain bears series. Did you know YouTube enough BB episodes that you can watch it for 13 hrs straight without repeating any? We did that on a sick day a few weeks ago.

MelissaTC
11-05-2016, 03:47 PM
He's 14 but he will never say no to "Bolt".

bisous
11-05-2016, 04:38 PM
DS3 LOVES Cars 2. I think it is a funny movie to like so much. DS2 used to love Toy Story 3. DS1 LOVED Lady and the Tramp as a tiny child. When we watched Zootopia this spring he declared it was his new favorite movie. He was 12, lol.

PZMommy
11-05-2016, 04:42 PM
My 7 yr olds favorite movie is Cars. My 5 yr old favorite movie is Home Alone.

mm123
11-05-2016, 05:13 PM
My DDs are 6 and 8. Right now they're loving campy musicals- Grease, Fiddler on the Roof, Mamma Mia, High School Musical, etc.

123LuckyMom
11-05-2016, 09:16 PM
Mine change their favorites, but right now, they're Zootopia, Home, Really Rosie (which is on YouTube), Inside Out, and (much to my dismay) an Adam Sandler movie I think is not appropriate for kids called Pixels. Thanks for that one, DH! ;) They also love the Scholastic DVD set we have that's a ton of great children's books read out while the illustrations are on the screen or made into little movies. They watch those all the time! Usually their favorites shift with what's available on our roku or dvr, but they ask for the scholastic DVDs often.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)

Twoboos
11-06-2016, 08:53 AM
Well for the tween/teen girl set... ;) Last night they watched Sing Street for the 2nd time and love it. Set in 80's Ireland so sometimes the accents are a little tricky. But it's really good. Great soundtrack, both original songs and 80's pop songs!! If you haven't seen it check it out, it was only $0.99 on tunes yesterday.

They also like the new Ghostbusters, all the Mission Impossible movies, Clueless, Pitch Perfect. (But this list is probably already wrong, because tween/teen girls. :bouncy:)

Sometimes I really miss the days of Tangled ("Frying Pans! Who knew, right?!") and Beauty and the Beast. I still love those.

SnuggleBuggles
11-06-2016, 12:25 PM
Just a plug for Brain Games. Man, we all love this show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lalasmama
11-06-2016, 12:33 PM
As a PP said, we also have a tween girl, so the list is wrong as soon as it's made.

Her typical fall-back movies are Baby-Sitters Club, Frozen (ssshhhhhhh, don't tell anyone she likes an animated movie still!), and My Girl (1&2). She also had Now and Ten, The Never Ending Story, and Tangled on a frequent rotation.

Now, if we were to talk about what the most commonly watched movies in our house are, it's Beauty and the Beast, live action Cinderella, and Aladdin. We like our Disney princess movies, and it's totally what DH and I will gravitate to when there are kids in the house (whether that's the 2yo grandbaby or our 20-something daughters, lol).

SASM
11-07-2016, 06:26 AM
All 3 are currently obsessed with anything Harry Potter. Stems from constantly listening to the audio books in the car instead of music.

mackmama
11-07-2016, 09:48 AM
Inside out
Home
Hotel Transylvania

newnana
11-07-2016, 10:30 AM
As a PP said, we also have a tween girl, so the list is wrong as soon as it's made.

Her typical fall-back movies are Baby-Sitters Club, Frozen (ssshhhhhhh, don't tell anyone she likes an animated movie still!), and My Girl (1&2). She also had Now and Ten, The Never Ending Story, and Tangled on a frequent rotation.

Now, if we were to talk about what the most commonly watched movies in our house are, it's Beauty and the Beast, live action Cinderella, and Aladdin. We like our Disney princess movies, and it's totally what DH and I will gravitate to when there are kids in the house (whether that's the 2yo grandbaby or our 20-something daughters, lol).

Wait, What?! there are babysitters club movies? my tween will be giddy, thank you! And she is also still very much into very many movies that she wont' admit to any of her school friends. Thank goodness our neighborhood friends are all still either pre-k or elementary age so she uses them as an excuse to watch them.

For me it's Big Hero 6 and Zootopia.

lalasmama
11-07-2016, 10:54 AM
Wait, What?! there are babysitters club movies? my tween will be giddy, thank you! .

There's one. It was made in 1995. I think we bought it on Amazon for $5 or maybe the $5 bin at Walmart ages ago. It's a very cute story. No cussing. One kiss. I didn't like one storyline (Stacy hides her age to go on a date with a 17yo). Otherwise, it's a good story with good moral lessons (work for what you want, help your friends, keep your word, don't lie for adults, etc).

newnana
11-07-2016, 10:57 AM
There's one. It was made in 1995. I think we bought it on Amazon for $5 or maybe the $5 bin at Walmart ages ago. It's a very cute story. No cussing. One kiss. I didn't like one storyline (Stacy hides her age to go on a date with a 17yo). Otherwise, it's a good story with good moral lessons (work for what you want, help your friends, keep your word, don't lie for adults, etc).

Thanks very much for review, exactly what I needed. Thanks!