PDA

View Full Version : Do you have a jetted bathtub?

ExcitedMamma
11-06-2016, 12:05 PM
We put one in our old house and I swore I would never do that again because I was grossed out by the muck that would be in the jets and whether it was actually clean. We remodeled that house around '08 so I have no idea what's changed since then. We are remodeling our master bathroom now and DH wants a corner tub with separate shower. He's thinking something like this:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/American-Standard-EverClean-Corner-5-ft-Whirlpool-Tub-in-White-6060LC-020/202599105

It looks so relaxing but am I going to be grossed out again? Or have they improved jetted tubs?

JBaxter
11-06-2016, 12:15 PM
No when we remodel i'm removing the jetted tub. I hate them We will put in a soaker or garden tub with no jets

bcafe
11-06-2016, 12:22 PM
We have one that was already in place when we moved in. I have never used it and we have been here just over 2 years. I have 1 child that has used it once. If I were to remodel, I would not put in a tub in the master. DH and I just aren't tub people.

ArizonaGirl
11-06-2016, 12:45 PM
We have one in our Master and I use it frequently.

I am a"tub person" and I love it and would do it again.

Our last house had no bathtub in there matter and I hated it.

I don't find out here tub gross, but about once a month I run it with vinegar in the water.

elbenn
11-06-2016, 01:23 PM
We have one and use it all the time. The kids like to take baths in it. Ours seems to be a good design so maybe some designs are better than others.

*myfoursons
11-06-2016, 01:46 PM
No, he skeeve me out. In my old house, we put in a kohler air tub, which pushes out air instead of circulating water. Cool idea, but the darn thing was so huge I never used it. We're remodeling our master bath next year and I'm taking out the bath entirely.

Hemlock
11-06-2016, 03:03 PM
We remodelled our bathroom a few years ago and put in an expensive jetted tub. We NEVER use it. It's loud and really cools the water down. It's also a pain to clean the jets.

essnce629
11-06-2016, 03:11 PM
I use Ahh-Some jetted tub cleaner occasionally on my whirlpool tub and it gets all the junk out. The first time was disgusting with green and brown gunk/algae after using bleach, vinegar, dishwasher detergent that did nothing. I use it every few months now. Oh Yuk cleaner gets even more excellent reviews so I think I'll try it next time. A tiny jar of Ahh-Some lasts forever because you only use a teaspoon which is more than enough. If we remodel our bathroom I think we'd get an air jet tub next. I definitely love jets/bubbles and don't want to go without. I've been in air jet tubs in hotels and they're super nice because they are blowing air through tiny holes and there's no water circulating. Plus they are self drying afterwards. You wouldn't need special cleaners for an air jet tub.

Ahh-Some Hot Tub/Jetted Bath Plumbing & Jet Cleaner (2 oz) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0030MYGXW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_.13hyb3N2HWRN

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

smilequeen
11-06-2016, 03:44 PM
No. It grossed me out and I never used it anyway. My new freestanding tub is way more comfortable to soak in too. I've already used it more than I ever used the old one.

Hemlock
11-06-2016, 04:49 PM
I use Ahh-Some jetted tub cleaner occasionally on my whirlpool tub and it gets all the junk out. The first time was disgusting with green and brown gunk/algae after using bleach, vinegar, dishwasher detergent that did nothing. I use it every few months now. Oh Yuk cleaner gets even more excellent reviews so I think I'll try it next time. A tiny jar of Ahh-Some lasts forever because you only use a teaspoon which is more than enough. If we remodel our bathroom I think we'd get an air jet tub next. I definitely love jets/bubbles and don't want to go without. I've been in air jet tubs in hotels and they're super nice because they are blowing air through tiny holes and there's no water circulating. Plus they are self drying afterwards. You wouldn't need special cleaners for an air jet tub.

Ahh-Some Hot Tub/Jetted Bath Plumbing & Jet Cleaner (2 oz) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0030MYGXW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_.13hyb3N2HWRN

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

Our tub is air jets with self-dryer and it's still gross when I clean the jets. Also, the air jets shoot out room-temperature air which really cools the bath water. I LOVE taking baths and I hate out air-jet tub ��

123LuckyMom
11-06-2016, 05:01 PM
When we moved into this house there was one in the Master. I was shocked, but there wasn't any gunk in the jets, and I felt comfortable using it. Its stayed clean without any special cleaners. It's a huge, deep, two person tub, and the kids love it. I am definitely a tub person, but I prefer a deep, cozy soaking tub. I find the big jetted tub too big to use for myself on a regular basis.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)

okinawama
11-06-2016, 06:09 PM
We had one in our old house and never used it. We aren't bath people, so we actually prefer our master bath to not have a bath taking up space, and it worked out nicely that the home that we own now only has a shower.

Kindra178
11-06-2016, 11:45 PM
I am a bath person. Free standing tub, no jets.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=87652)

robinsmommy
11-07-2016, 12:12 AM
We are just trying to finish a bath remodel (gotta do the tile, sigh), and we put in a plain cast iron tub. We have an old house, and a new jetted tub would not look right or come in the size we needed. I wouldn't put one in a newer house, either, though - I would think that moving parts and/or the penetrations for the jets provide another way for it to leak or break. And the potential grossness factor as well, in terms of keeping it clean, esp where you can't see.

KpbS
11-07-2016, 12:40 AM
We use our tub just not with the jets running. I would get one without jets if I was remodeling. Too much of a pain to keep clean.

klwa
11-07-2016, 09:06 AM
We have a soaker tub instead of a jetted tub. I can't deal with the muck issue with the jets!

truly scrumptious
11-07-2016, 09:46 AM
We have a Bain air tub and love it! It is self cleaning so no gross jets. And you can use Bath oils and salts with it (not recommended for many jetted tubs.) The kids love it too and it gets a fair amount of use here. It has a heated backrest and the air jets are strong enough to create a pretty significant massaging feeling.

SASM
11-07-2016, 04:36 PM
We've had a jetted tubs in 5 houses...not our choice. We used them more when our kids were younger because it was a special treat to take a bath in them. I can count on one hand how many times I've used one in the last 14 years. I just do not like them because they use a lot of water which cools down way too quickly.

I will say that I filled our tub recently for Hurricane Matthew. The water sat in the tub for about 3 days. About 4 inches of the water leaked out over the course of that time because of micro cracks in the basin because the tub was supposedly not properly installed with mortar underneath supporting and dispersing the weight of the person in the tub. Now we have a tub that is useless. We do not want to replace it and renovate our bathroom so it is just there...looks brand new with tiny cracks that are barely visible. So...if you get one, make sure it is properly installed...not just relying on the support grooves.

AnnieW625
11-07-2016, 05:05 PM
No. I think our tub is from at least 1970, if not 1950 as the thing is a steel tank. If DH had his way we wouldn't put in another bath tub when we add on the second bath because we rarely use the tub feature, but I will probably argue for it for resale value. I take maybe three baths a year, but I do like them when I take them.

ChicagoNDMom
11-07-2016, 05:35 PM
Love baths, but would Never have a jetted tub. Totally gross. If I can't scrub it with Soft Scrub with bleach, I don't want it! 😜

twowhat?
11-07-2016, 06:07 PM
I hate our jetted tub with the stink of a thousand satan's armpits. We are planning a master bath remodel and I want a soaking tub, that's it!!! For me the only seams in a bathtub should be where the drain and faucet assemblies are. The rest should be smooth, seamless, hold water and keep it warm, and be totally accessible to cleaning with a washcloth and a little vinegar/baking soda.