PDA

View Full Version : Kids that get fevers easily?

bisous
11-08-2016, 02:43 PM
DD had a fever of 103.5 yesterday with no other symptoms. She had an incidence like this a few weeks ago too.

I was concerned enough to bring her into the peds today where they noted she still has a temp of 100.

The ped thinks she has a virus. I suppose that is possible. We're testing her for a UTI as well.

She just seems to get fevers very easily. Ds1 has to have a raging infection to break 100.

Have you noticed that your kids either get fevers easily or not at all?

When DS2 was young I used to swear he'd have a fever if he was just really tired.

For DD I thought maybe she was overheated from being in the car with me waiting for the elementary kids to get out of school. But I wasn't remotely hot! DD is 3. Any chance kids can overheat in cars that don't feel (to an adult) to be too hot?

I guess I'm just not sure about DD's diagnosis today and I want to make sure that I'm giving her the appropriate care.

georgiegirl
11-08-2016, 03:01 PM
My middle child gets fevers easily.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sariana
11-08-2016, 03:06 PM
Yes, my DD is like that. She has had temps of 104-105 more than once for no apparent reason. Total contrast to DS, who tends to run low (~97.9) and rarely goes above 99.

Snow mom
11-08-2016, 03:06 PM
DD is like that but I wouldn't describe it as fevers easily so much as she tends to get high fevers. Every ear infection was accompanied by a fever over 103 for her. Her body just seems to go to high fever easily rather than having low grade fevers.

mackmama
11-08-2016, 07:15 PM
You might want to look into PFAPA if the fevers have any regularity.

trales
11-08-2016, 08:18 PM
My oldest never got a fever until 2 years ago, and a few times she had been REALLY sick, one time in the hospital for 3 days with H1N1 and no fever. I never get fevers. DH and our youngest just need to look at a light bulb and get a raging fever. It think there are some people who get fevers and some who really do not.

bw52
11-08-2016, 09:56 PM
In my family growing up, my brother would get a high fever every time he got sick-- a lot. Me, on the other hand, hardly ever had a fever. My school had a rule that they only called your parents if you had a fever. So i would go to the nurse and not feel well and they would send me back to class. My mom had to convince them to not follow that rule with me. I had strep multiple times, etc and never even registered at 98.6. My normal body temp just runs lower.