PDA

View Full Version : Anki overdrive?

PunkyBoo
11-11-2016, 10:24 AM
I remember hearing about this last year, but it wasn't on my kids' radar. Now they have seen the commercials for it and have both expressed how cool it looks. If you bought it for your kids last Christmas, can you tell me if your kids still play with it? Has it been worth the cost? Is it just remote (via tablet/ smartphone) controlled cars on tracks? My kids don't have an ipad, but DS1 has a pretty basic Android phone (that we've limited his use of)- would it still be worth it?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Baby Bargains mobile app

wfmom
11-11-2016, 10:31 AM
My son got it last year. He goes through spurts where he plays with it a lot and some where he forgets all about it. My husband actually likes playing with it as much as my son. We have used my Android phone with it. I think on the website, you can check to make sure your phone is compatible. It can get expensive, but it's pretty cool. It's more than just racing cars, it's almost like playing a video game. The vehicles have different powers and weapons, and you can unlock more as you go. You can also race against the system by yourself. I was pretty blown away the first time he played with it.

DietCokeLover
11-11-2016, 10:48 AM
My son got it last year. He goes through spurts where he plays with it a lot and some where he forgets all about it. My husband actually likes playing with it as much as my son. We have used my Android phone with it. I think on the website, you can check to make sure your phone is compatible. It can get expensive, but it's pretty cool. It's more than just racing cars, it's almost like playing a video game. The vehicles have different powers and weapons, and you can unlock more as you go. You can also race against the system by yourself. I was pretty blown away the first time he played with it.
This is pretty much us too. He played with it a lot at first. Now, it's very sporadic but he still enjoys it.

Hippoharbor
11-11-2016, 03:26 PM
My DS got it last Christmas and only has played with it 3-4 times. One reason is not having other kids over often to play with it. Also, it is stored in its box when not in use, so "out of sight, out of mind", I guess.