PDA

View Full Version : Amazon DOTD: Magformers!

jam224
11-15-2016, 10:26 AM
Save up to 40% off select Magformers! Great deal on a favorite open-ended toy and popular sets usually sell out. https://www.amazon.com/b/ref=lp_16043670011_gbps_img_s-3_bb19_5d5a6622?rh=i%3Atoys-and-games%2Cn%3A16043670011%2Cn%3A16043670011&ie=UTF8&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&node=16043670011

Also, there's an exclusive Alexa deal! Save 40% off the Hi-tech Walking Robot Set when you order with Alexa. Say, "Alexa, order a Magformers Robot." (So, it should be $65.99 with discount, I think.) https://www.amazon.com/Magformers-Hi-Tech-Walking-Robot-45-pieces/dp/B00YYIDNTY/

gymnbomb
11-15-2016, 10:58 AM
Ooh, I want to buy these but really need to stop adding things to DS's Christmas list!!

scrooks
11-15-2016, 11:04 AM
I just saw a lot of camel camel camel email alerts on mangformers sets and now I know why!

bw52
11-15-2016, 11:34 AM
More decisions!

I bought magna tiles last year amd my kids love them. They make towers, houses for their babies, etc. (i have 3 girls). I was going to get another set this year, but now I'm wondering if I should get magformers instead to test out and compare.

Should I stick to one or the other? We couldn't have as big of sets if we have both. Wwyd?

Charlie
11-15-2016, 11:53 AM
More decisions!

I bought magna tiles last year amd my kids love them. They make towers, houses for their babies, etc. (i have 3 girls). I was going to get another set this year, but now I'm wondering if I should get magformers instead to test out and compare.

Should I stick to one or the other? We couldn't have as big of sets if we have both. Wwyd?

I think it's kid dependent- I have two boys who love Magnatiles and wanted to try Magformers too. I found a set at a garage sale and they loved the novelty of it for a few days but then went back to Magnatiles and the Magformers have sat untouched for months. Maybe get a small set to try out if you want to see what your kids like?

Philly Mom
11-15-2016, 11:57 AM
More decisions!

I was thinking the same thing except I only have 2 girls :). I think I am going to stay with the magna tiles.

angiesscripts
11-15-2016, 12:17 PM
Can you tell me what Alexa I am suppose to order to get this deal? Confused! Thanks.

Save up to 40% off select Magformers! Great deal on a favorite open-ended toy and popular sets usually sell out. https://www.amazon.com/b/ref=lp_16043670011_gbps_img_s-3_bb19_5d5a6622?rh=i%3Atoys-and-games%2Cn%3A16043670011%2Cn%3A16043670011&ie=UTF8&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&node=16043670011

Also, there's an exclusive Alexa deal! Save 40% off the Hi-tech Walking Robot Set when you order with Alexa. Say, "Alexa, order a Magformers Robot." (So, it should be $65.99 with discount, I think.) https://www.amazon.com/Magformers-Hi-Tech-Walking-Robot-45-pieces/dp/B00YYIDNTY/

PunkyBoo
11-15-2016, 12:32 PM
they loved the novelty of it for a few days but then went back to Magnatiles and the Magformers have sat untouched for months. Maybe get a small set to try out if you want to see what your kids like?

I've had the same experience with my two boys.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Baby Bargains mobile app

AnnieW625
11-15-2016, 12:48 PM
Thanks! DD2 has only had Magformers so she knows no different and loves them. She didn't touch them for a few months this year (she got them for Xmas last yyear) and now all of a sudden she is playing with them again so this is helpful. Thanks!

jam224
11-15-2016, 01:09 PM
Can you tell me what Alexa I am suppose to order to get this deal? Confused! Thanks.

Sure! Here's the FAQ on Alexa deals (source: https://www.amazon.com/b/ref=VANS?node=14552177011&pf_rd_p=2698970382):

What do I need to do to shop with Alexa?
To shop with your Amazon Echo, Echo Dot, Amazon Tap, Fire TV, or Fire Tablet device, you must be a Prime member with 1-Click ordering enabled.
What is “Amazon's Choice”?
For things you haven't bought before, Alexa may recommend Amazon's Choice products, which are highly-rated, well-priced products with Prime shipping.
How long is my cancellation window?
1-click orders can always be cancelled within 30 minutes, but you can also follow the steps available here.
How can I avoid unintended purchases?
Use the Alexa app to set up a 4-digit voice shopping code to prevent unintended purchases using instructions here.
How secure is my transaction when I voice shop with Alexa?
We secure your shopping transaction using the same protocols as when you shop via PC or mobile phone.
What if I order something by mistake?
If you don’t realize the mistake in time to cancel, you will be able to return the item through our Online Returns Center. Physical goods ordered through Alexa are eligible for free returns.
Can I buy multiple items with Alexa?
Yes, you can buy multiple units of the same product, for example, “Alexa, order two Echo Dots.” However, you cannot add different items in the same transaction. Each unique item requires its own transaction.

At any time you can ask, "Alexa, what are your deals?" to find out some of the exclusive deals. Here's another help page for further info on Alexa: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_bc_nav?ie=UTF8&nodeId=201952240

hwin708
11-15-2016, 01:22 PM
More decisions!

I'd stick with Magnatiles and get more. My family was used to the Magnatiles, so when I introduced the Magformers, they got a little play, then back to the Magnatiles, just as another poster experienced. I am sure they would prefer the Magformers if we ha started with those, but we didn't.

The Magformers are definitely a stronger magnet, so they can make more complex objects and move them - we had the Ferris Wheel kit, which is a shape that would have crumbled apart with the Magnatiles. But the stronger magnets made them more difficult for my 2-3 year olds to use, because the force of the magnets kept pulling them together before their clumsy fingers could get them set up how they wanted. The older kids liked the complex objects, but still returned to Magnatiles as their preferred tile. And we can NEVER have too many of those. The more we get, the larger their structures.

gymnbomb
11-15-2016, 09:17 PM
Ok, I gave in and bought a set. The board is a very bad influence :) I already need to sort through the Christmas pile and set a few things aside for DS's birthday in February. And I haven't gotten the Imaginext pirate ship he wants yet either...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk