PDA

View Full Version : Camera for kids?

vonfirmath
11-21-2016, 03:47 PM
My daughter found a Fisher Price toy camera at the thrift store and has been going around taking pictures of everyone.

So I thought maybe its time I get her and her brother real cameras and see how they do. (ages 5 and 9)

Particularly, I am thinking of getting the vTech Kidizoom Action Cam for each of them. Then making some sort of strap/fanny pack to carry it in when not actively being used so it is less likely to just be left behind somewhere. Any experience with this camera?

Or any other suggestions in the $50 range.

Mikey0709
11-21-2016, 03:55 PM
The Fuji Instamax is the "IN" thing if you read the other threads. It's the modern polaroid. I'm getting one for my 9 year old, and frankly thrilled that i won't have to print pics for him. Depending on color - seen them on sale anywhere from around $45 up. 2 pack of film I think is around $11 on amazon.

We had the vtech and for us it was pretty much junk with lousy pics. I rather spend money on the film cause the intamax actually gets greats reviews on amazon. I purchased from Staples and got them to price match amazon so i could use my rewards towards it.

candaceb
11-21-2016, 04:15 PM
No way on the VTech for the 9 year old. Maybe for the 5 year old, but it is really a toy - the photos are lousy.
DS just took over my old Canon Elph and he is doing fine with it at age 6 (and he's not especially coordinated or savvy).
I would buy a used or black friday special digital for the 9 year old.