PDA

View Full Version : Any deals on the Amazon Echo??

Corie
11-23-2016, 05:36 PM
Are there any deals to be had on the Amazon Echo?

Thank you!!!

candaceb
11-23-2016, 10:06 PM
$139 on Amazon starting at 3AM EST.

Corie
11-24-2016, 11:10 AM
$139 on Amazon starting at 3AM EST.

Awesome! Thank you!

zukeypur
11-24-2016, 12:00 PM
What do you all use this for? Is it mainly to get access to Alexa for special discounts? What is the benefit of this over the echo dot?

lisa928
11-24-2016, 12:08 PM
Much, much better speaker that dot. Dot sometimes sounds robotic and is not great for playing music as there is no base.

essnce629
11-24-2016, 12:51 PM
Much, much better speaker that dot. Dot sometimes sounds robotic and is not great for playing music as there is no base.
Yes to this. We have an Echo in the living room and Dots in the bedrooms. I'm going to get one more Dot for our office/guest room and an Echo for my mom who lives in a small one bedroom apartment.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

SnuggleBuggles
11-24-2016, 01:10 PM
We just stream Dot to our nice Bluetooth speaker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AnnieW625
11-24-2016, 01:53 PM
What do you all use this for? Is it mainly to get access to Alexa for special discounts? What is the benefit of this over the echo dot?

Wondering the same thing?:bag I live in an 1100 sq. ft. house and already have a Bose sound dock so I am just curious what I would need either device for.

zukeypur
11-24-2016, 03:16 PM
interesting. We do this often now with our phones. I guess this would allow us to do it while not draining the phone battery.

zukeypur
11-24-2016, 03:16 PM
does the dot do everything that the echo does but with a better speaker?

essnce629
11-24-2016, 04:48 PM
does the dot do everything that the echo does but with a better speaker?

Yes, but opposite. The Dot does everything the Echo does, as does the Tap, but the Echo has the best speaker and the Tap is not voice activated (you have to tap the button for Alexa to listen in). The plus for the Dot is that it's tiny and is great to put on a nightstand (lots of people use it as an alarm clock). I use mine to control my nightstand lamps that have Hue smart light bulbs.

baymom
11-24-2016, 07:13 PM
Wondering the same thing?:bag I live in an 1100 sq. ft. house and already have a Bose sound dock so I am just curious what I would need either device for.

While we use our Echo for music, we use her for so many other purposes as well. Morning news flash report, ask her for the weather/traffic/sports scores/etc. She's quizzed DD on her state capitals, can tell decent jokes, place Amazon orders for us, sets alarms & timers. She has TONS of uses for our family but playing music is just one of them.

nfceagles
11-24-2016, 07:29 PM
My two favorite uses are as a hands free timer in the kitchen and to add items to my shopping list. You just tell her to add things to your shopping list and then you open up your list on the app while you're in the store.

We also have her turn lights off and on using several Belkin light switches we already had in place.

SnuggleBuggles
11-24-2016, 08:28 PM
My two favorite uses are as a hands free timer in the kitchen and to add items to my shopping list. You just tell her to add things to your shopping list and then you open up your list on the app while you're in the store.

We also have her turn lights off and on using several Belkin light switches we already had in place.

Which app is integrated w shopping list?

nfceagles
11-24-2016, 09:05 PM
It's the Alexa app.

DualvansMommy
11-24-2016, 09:26 PM
May be a dumb question, but is the echo, dot etc voice activated devices??

SnuggleBuggles
11-24-2016, 09:46 PM
It's the Alexa app.

Thanks! I wasn't sure!

nfceagles
11-24-2016, 09:56 PM

Yes. You say "Alexa" to activate her at the start of any command. For example, "Alexa, add bacon to my shopping list."

Amy G
11-24-2016, 10:10 PM
Darn all of you... I never knew what they were, and now I really want one! :)

AngB
11-24-2016, 10:17 PM

Echo and dot are voice activated. Tap is not.

DualvansMommy
11-24-2016, 10:58 PM
Ok, voice activated ones wouldn't work for me at all. I may look into Tap version!

hwin708
11-24-2016, 11:11 PM
Ok, voice activated ones wouldn't work for me at all. I may look into Tap version!

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkTo be clear - all the Echo/Dot/Tap products respond to voice commands. The Tap is wireless, however, and needs to go in a charging base to refill its battery. Because of the battery drain, it is not always on, i.e. not always listening for the start word "Alexa." So you have to tap it first to turn it on, then proceed with your voice command.

DualvansMommy
11-24-2016, 11:14 PM
Ah gotcha! Then that wouldn't work for us at all. Only become useful when the boys are older to do that themselves.

firstbaby
11-25-2016, 12:40 AM
How long is the $139 price good for?

zukeypur
11-25-2016, 09:12 AM
Yes. You say "Alexa" to activate her at the start of any command. For example, "Alexa, add bacon to my shopping list."

Where is your shopping list? Can it add to a list in Cozi?

SnuggleBuggles
11-25-2016, 09:16 AM
Where is your shopping list? Can it add to a list in Cozi?

I asked the same thing up thread. :) it goes into the Alexa app. No idea beyond that but it is handy!

pastrygirl
11-25-2016, 09:31 AM
Which app is integrated w shopping list?

I use Our Groceries for our shopping lists, and Alexa works with that. You say, Alexa, ask Our Groceries to add [milk] to [grocery/BJS/name of your list]. It might integrate with other apps, too.

I also have z-wave light controls, so Alexa can turn on/off lights, dim them, etc.

nfceagles
11-25-2016, 11:39 AM
Good to know it works with Our Groceries. I do wish the Alexa app allowed for multiple lists. It just has 1 shopping list and 1 to do list.

army_mom
11-25-2016, 10:52 PM
I may get a dot for our room. Any deals on the dot? We love our echo for jokes and music. DD1 says Alexa plays kids bop 33 and it plays her favorite songs. And when DS is a little crazy we just ask alexa to play a song. We get sports updates as well. We didn't have a speaker to play music so we bought the Echo to use as a music player and have been happy with it. I will have look into Our Groceries!

AngB
11-25-2016, 11:42 PM
I may get a dot for our room. Any deals on the dot? We love our echo for jokes and music. DD1 says Alexa plays kids bop 33 and it plays her favorite songs. And when DS is a little crazy we just ask alexa to play a song. We get sports updates as well. We didn't have a speaker to play music so we bought the Echo to use as a music player and have been happy with it. I will have look into Our Groceries!

The dot is 39.99 and if you order it from Alexa you get a $10 gift card. It's a good deal!

liz
11-27-2016, 01:15 PM
Taken from SD:

Amazon Echo (Black or White) $114.99 with Visa Checkout with free shipping
Best Buy has Amazon Echo (Black or White) for $139.99 - $25 off with VISA Checkout Discount = $114.99. Shipping is free, otherwise the white color also has free store pickup if stock permits.
Note, must use VISA Checkout as your payment method, but not required to use a VISA card

jam224
11-27-2016, 01:52 PM
Taken from SD:

Best Buy has Amazon Echo (Black or White) for $139.99 - $25 off with VISA Checkout Discount = $114.99. Shipping is free, otherwise the white color also has free store pickup if stock permits.
Note, must use VISA Checkout as your payment method, but not required to use a VISA card
I just snagged this! Went through Ebates for 1% back.

liz
11-27-2016, 02:02 PM
I just snagged this! Went through Ebates for 1% back.

:cheerleader1: yay!

3isEnough
11-27-2016, 04:50 PM
Taken from SD:

I just bought as well, thanks!

Pennylane
11-27-2016, 11:17 PM
Taken from SD:

Thanks for sharing this ! Just ordered one for my DH .

Ann

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)

keh602
11-28-2016, 12:08 AM
Taken from SD:

Adding my thanks to the chorus. :) We were able to take advantage of this deal for a gift. We love our Alexa!

Dream
11-28-2016, 12:55 PM
Taken from SD:

It doesn't work for me. Did you use a code? I went through visa checkout but shows $139 in the cart.

Dream
11-28-2016, 01:02 PM
It doesn't work for me. Did you use a code? I went through visa checkout but shows $139 in the cart.

Never mind, the deal is dead.

lauren3110
11-28-2016, 05:38 PM
I feel like I saw some discount at bed bath and beyond? But can't find the email :/

liz
11-29-2016, 10:00 AM
So glad many of you were able to get an additional discount! Ironically, I bought one for my BIL from Amazon on Thanksgiving for $139. I couldn't take advantage of the Visa discount since I already purchased through Amazon. Lo and behold I get an email today that my Echo had been delayed in shipment. Boo, I probably could have cancelled my Amazon order and bought it with the discount code. Oh Amazon, you are failing me this holiday season!!!!