PDA

View Full Version : Frozen Ride

flashy09
12-04-2016, 12:31 PM
Is this impossible without a fast pass? I have one for 7 pm, but that is pushing it with my 2 yr old and if she hasn't taken a nap it could be a mess.

We could get there at 9 am instead and wait or go another day with early extra morning hours. Will the wait be bearable then?

lalasmama
12-05-2016, 01:40 AM
No BTDT, but from everything I have read, it's a FP-required ride if you want to avoid a terrible wait.

https://touringplans.com/epcot/attractions/frozen-ever-after/wait-times#

There's the Touring Plans wait times.

klwa
12-05-2016, 09:11 AM
As PP mentioned, still best with Fast pass. Partially because there's a lot of down time for the ride.

http://www.easywdw.com/easy/blog/frozen-ever-after-fall-2016-wait-times-and-reliability-plus-royal-sommerhus-waits-and-a-soarin-update/

kdeunc
12-05-2016, 10:32 AM
We did it in July without a FP. It was a wait of about an hour maybe but we also had a period of time when the ride was "broken down" included in that hour. Most of the wait was inside which was nice in July. :)

Dream
12-05-2016, 10:46 AM
We're going to Disney for 2 days in February, is this a really good ride for 5 & 8 year olds? We've been to Disney few times before but this ride is new.

SnuggleBuggles
12-05-2016, 10:49 AM
We're going to Disney for 2 days in February, is this a really good ride for 5 & 8 year olds? We've been to Disney few times before but this ride is new.

Yes. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

flashy09
12-05-2016, 09:11 PM
I cancelled my 7 pm FP and was all set to go during extra morning hours when an 11:15 am popped up on the actual birthday during a random check! I love some disney magic.

lalasmama
12-07-2016, 12:48 AM
I cancelled my 7 pm FP and was all set to go during extra morning hours when an 11:15 am popped up on the actual birthday during a random check! I love some disney magic.

Yay for pixie dust! :)

marymoo86
01-14-2017, 10:51 AM
Seems like the strategy with this ride is to get a late afternoon FP due to location in World showcase. We are staying in Epcot with park hoppers. Wondering if it is a good idea to snag or try to an early evening FP on the day we are going to ASK since that's probably not a full day so we can us Go for Soarin or Test Track?

Anything new yet for Star Wars in HS??

Dream
01-16-2017, 03:28 PM
I would probably try to get FP as late as possible and then stay for fireworks.

belovedgandp
02-13-2017, 03:06 PM
I was just there this past week. We were doing two days at Epcot - afternoon of arrival of Wednesday and then all day final day Saturday. I did Soarin' FP on Wednesday and Frozen on Saturday. Plan was to do Test Track at rope drop on Saturday.

Crowds were so low on Wednesday we were able to cover all of Future World including Test Track and Soarin.

Saturday we joined the crowd at rope drop that rushed back to Norway at 9. I'd say the morning group went 10% Test Track, 20% Soarin and 70% Frozen. We were in the front third of the crowd waiting for rope drop. In Norway by 9:02 and off the ride at 9:27.

The meet and greet with A&E in Norway had a shorter wait later in the afternoon than it did at 9:30 when we exited the ride.

georgiegirl
02-13-2017, 03:47 PM
Good to know. I can sign for my Epcot fast passes on Thursday. Is the tide scary at all? DS2 (3.5) is afraid of pretty much everything, and I don't want to traumatize him. He does know who Elsa is. The old Norway ride scared the bejesus out of him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

belovedgandp
02-13-2017, 06:20 PM
It's very bright and follows the movie. There is a snow "monster" with fog right before the forward drop, but the sounds were not intense and the little "monsters" are adorable.

SnuggleBuggles
02-13-2017, 06:39 PM
I bet you could watch a ride video on YouTube

georgiegirl
02-13-2017, 06:41 PM
It's very bright and follows the movie. There is a snow "monster" with fog right before the forward drop, but the sounds were not intense and the little "monsters" are adorable.

That doesn't sound that bad. Thanks for the recap. DH and I joke that we could really traumatize him by taking him on the Haunted Mansion followed by Pirates.

SnuggleBuggles
02-13-2017, 06:53 PM
That doesn't sound that bad. Thanks for the recap. DH and I joke that we could really traumatize him by taking him on the Haunted Mansion followed by Pirates.

"Fun" stroll down memory lane here... we took ds2 on Pirates when he was 5 or 6 and he super duper hated it. He eventually started cowering on the floor of the boat. Lots of reassurance from us that it was almost over...then we got stuck!! We were trapped in one of the rooms for maybe 10-15 minutes. Yeah. Just a smidgen of trauma. ;)

georgiegirl
02-13-2017, 08:18 PM
"Fun" stroll down memory lane here... we took ds2 on Pirates when he was 5 or 6 and he super duper hated it. He eventually started cowering on the floor of the boat. Lots of reassurance from us that it was almost over...then we got stuck!! We were trapped in one of the rooms for maybe 10-15 minutes. Yeah. Just a smidgen of trauma. ;)

Last year we took poor DS2 on Haunted Mansion and it got stuck. He was freaking out and hiding his face in my neck. He was only 2 so I thought he'd be okay. This year, we've decided to be nice and let him skip the traumatic rides. Not sure if he will be okay with Peter Pan.

NCGrandma
02-13-2017, 10:07 PM

This reminds me of my worst Disney World experience. Some years ago, I was at a medical education conference in Orlando and several of us played hooky for a "brief" detour to Disney. We went on the (now late lamented) 2000 Leagues Under the Sea submarine ride. A few minutes in, the ride ground to a halt and we were trapped for a hour. Ugh!

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)