PDA

View Full Version : Good doll for a 3 year old?

jennilynn
12-06-2016, 01:20 PM
I want to get DD a new doll for Christmas. I've always liked the Lottie dolls but honestly, DD plays with her baby dolls more than her doll house. She has a Corelle Calin. She's 3 1/2. Too young for American Girl (or more likely an Our Generation from Target)? She probably won't take great care of it but it would be loved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lizzywednesday
12-06-2016, 02:08 PM
Lottie got a lot of play at our house starting when DD was 4, so your DD may be juuuust on the cusp of getting into them.

If she's interested in an Our Generation (or similar store-brand 18" doll), I gave my DD one we bought (at a PBK floor model sale, so it was something like 50% off) when she potty trained.

Liziz
12-06-2016, 04:52 PM
I got DD1 a Corolle Les Classiques when she was 3.5 (as a big sister gift). It's definitely bigger and heavier than Calin, but was a great size for a 3.5 year old. DD1 is almost 5 now and it's still her favorite doll. I love the quality of Corolle, but was able to get a deal so it wasn't crazy expensive (I paid in the $30's somewhere for it). My DD is definitely still wanting to play with baby dolls, not big-kid dolls like American Girl.

Looks like the exact one I got isn't available anymore, but here's the link to it so you have an idea: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004LV5WXE/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1