PDA

View Full Version : Will Target stores price match Target.com clearance?

jamiechic
12-19-2016, 08:53 PM
Will Target price match an item on clearance at Target.com? Their app shows the item is in stock at my store, but not available for in store pickup.

jennilynn
12-19-2016, 09:02 PM
Yes, definitely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jamiechic
12-19-2016, 09:32 PM
Thanks! My almost 4 yr old is suddenly asking for a robot for Christmas. I may try to swing by tomorrow morning and get this one: http://www.target.com/p/wowwee-robosapien-blue/-/A-16961194

Or would you get the Coji for $37? I realize she'll need to grow into either of them.

ahisma
12-19-2016, 09:58 PM
The Robosapian is pretty sturdy.

jren
12-19-2016, 10:02 PM
My Target does not price match their own online prices. To get around it, I order it online for store pickup and pick it up same day.

Corie
12-19-2016, 10:20 PM
Check out Target's price match guarantee.

https://corporate.target.com/about/shopping-experience/shop-with-confidence

roobee
12-19-2016, 11:40 PM
No.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

mikala
12-19-2016, 11:54 PM
Yes, according to the policy Corie linked.

Price Match Guarantee

"We’ll match the price if you buy a qualifying item at Target then find the identical item for less at Target.com, select online competitors, or in Target’s or competitor’s local print ad. Price matches may be requested at time of purchase or Price adjustments within 14 days after purchase. The full list of online competitors is available online or at Guest Services."

Might be worth printing both the policy and online product page with price before you drive to the store. Our store usually verifies the competitors price with their tablets at the customer service desk but their devices often don't work and they have trouble looking things up.

roobee
12-19-2016, 11:57 PM
No, according to the policy that Corie linked. I work for Target.

Exclusions:*

*Clearance, closeout, liquidation sales, damaged, used, open package, refurbished, pre-owned, or rent/lease to own items, storewide or unspecific offers, non-branded items, or prices that only display on a website after guests log in.

mikala
12-20-2016, 12:00 AM
No, according to the policy that Corie linked. I work for Target.

Exclusions:*

*Clearance, closeout, liquidation sales, damaged, used, open package, refurbished, pre-owned, or rent/lease to own items, storewide or unspecific offers, non-branded items, or prices that only display on a website after guests log in.

Ooh, I didn't notice the exclusions. Thanks for the clarification!

jamiechic
12-20-2016, 12:10 AM
Thanks everyone!

94bruin
12-20-2016, 11:39 AM
My Target does not price match their own online prices. To get around it, I order it online for store pickup and pick it up same day.

I found this out the hard way last week. I bought a tree-topper at Target that was full price. I found out later that day that on Target.com that if you placed it in the cart, 35% would automatically be taken off. Customer Service told me that if the percentage is taken off at the cart, they cannot match it. However, as long as it's not part of the exclusions, if the item is marked down on target.com, they will match it.

I had to do something similar (which was suggested by Cust. Serv) - I ordered it at the reduced price, picked it up and promptly returned it using my original in-store reciept (since I had already purchased it the day before).