PDA

View Full Version : Easy Christmas meals?

bigsis
12-20-2016, 09:55 PM
We spend Christmas Eve at my mom's so I don't have to worry about that. Christmas day is usually a slow, quiet day just for my family---me, DH and kids only. I don't want to do an elaborate meal. I'm okay with doing a couple of things for breakfast, but what to do for the rest of the day?

What do you ladies do? Anything easy is greatly appreciated!!!! TIA!

SnuggleBuggles
12-20-2016, 09:57 PM
My mom makes homemade spaghetti sauce and we have pasta. Easy and a treat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

123LuckyMom
12-20-2016, 10:35 PM
We'll be just us on Christmas Day, and I'm buying everything prepared from the supermarket. We're getting the feast with no work (and I'm ignoring that the whole meal is probably horribly processed, but for one meal and leftovers, it won't kill us). The turkey is a cooked Butterball you just reheat for 1.5 hours in the oven. It comes with sides of mashed potatoes, stuffing, green bean casserole, all of which reheat in the microwave, and rolls. I'll buy bagged salad, and, voila! Christmas dinner! I'm very excited about my lazy Christmas!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)

mikala
12-21-2016, 06:54 AM
We'll be just us on Christmas Day, and I'm buying everything prepared from the supermarket. We're getting the feast with no work (and I'm ignoring that the whole meal is probably horribly processed, but for one meal and leftovers, it won't kill us). The turkey is a cooked Butterball you just reheat for 1.5 hours in the oven. It comes with sides of mashed potatoes, stuffing, green bean casserole, all of which reheat in the microwave, and rolls. I'll buy bagged salad, and, voila! Christmas dinner! I'm very excited about my lazy Christmas!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)
Ha! I like your attitude and you have company in this. We're likely doing a very Costco Christmas - pre-cooked spiral sliced ham, a couple prepared sides, salad mix. I love to cook but the full feast just isn't happening this year so I'll probably make one or two homemade somethings and outsource the rest.

bigsis
12-21-2016, 08:39 PM
Hmmm... a Costco Christmas. That's a great idea!!!! :)