PDA

View Full Version : Easy but special Christmas breakfast?

ang79
12-21-2016, 01:14 AM
With having church at 10:30 this year on Christmas, I'm not sure what to do for breakfast. Last year I did a hashbrown casserole and french toast casserole, both of which were a big hit with my family. But I feel like we need something quick this year in order to open presents, eat, and get to church. Our normal breakfast is cereal, oatmeal, or something toasted (bagels, toast, english muffins). I'd like to do something more special than those. And something that doesn't take much prep, as we will be out of town Friday morning til Saturday evening.

We'll need to eat something small after church as well probably, since we aren't doing Christmas dinner til 4 or after at my in-laws.

mikala
12-21-2016, 01:37 AM
Quiche or mini quiches? A breakfast pastry like monkey bread or a kringle or pastry ring from a local bakery?

We often bake bacon ahead of time and quick microwave to reheat so that would be a side option.

If you like biscuits and gravy you can make the gravy ahead of time and quickly warm and serve with a freshly baked refrigerated biscuit dough tube.

There are also several slow cooker breakfast recipes to try if you want to prep something the night before.

abh5e8
12-21-2016, 01:39 AM
We always have zuchinni pineapple bread... made the day or two before.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

nfceagles
12-21-2016, 07:26 AM
Cinnamon rolls made from those tubes is an occasional breakfast treat here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SnuggleBuggles
12-21-2016, 08:12 AM
Were going with Trader Joe's croissants. You put them out overnight to proof, bake in the AM.

gobadgers
12-21-2016, 09:12 AM
Were going with Trader Joe's croissants. You put them out overnight to proof, bake in the AM.

Yes! I used to make cinnamon rolls for Christmas morning, now we get the jumbo ones from Trader Joe's. Everyone is happy :)

ang79
12-21-2016, 03:23 PM
Cinnamon rolls made from those tubes is an occasional breakfast treat here.

This is what I ended up with buying today, along with some fresh fruit. Unfortunately no Trader Joe's around here :(

oneplustwo
12-22-2016, 12:23 AM
I saw that you already bought cinnamon rolls to bake, but is something that you prepare the night before and then pop straight in the oven for 40-60 minutes in the morning too much time? If not, there's lots of special breakfasts you can do, like french toast casserole, coffee cake and monkey bread. I cycle through those three for Xmas breakfasts, preparing everything the night before and then popping them in the oven first thing in the morning before we open gifts. At least one of them goes into a cold oven, so no need to even wait for the oven to preheat.

gobadgers
12-22-2016, 01:02 AM
This is what I ended up with buying today, along with some fresh fruit. Unfortunately no Trader Joe's around here :(

I'm sure they are all similar. Yum!